Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
There's a lot of beautiful...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

There's a lot of beautiful...

Apr 7, 2021, 11:34 PM

and picturesque places on earth and this has got to be one of them...https://www.masters.com/en_US/watch/2021-04-04/1617574571537.html?promo=vod_home

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And as I have said before, pictures don't do it justice. You

Apr 8, 2021, 7:52 AM

have to see it in person. Just as an example, even the pine tree roots are hidden under manicured perfect circular sod running right up to the bottom of the trees near all the walking areas. Using the English vernacular, I was completely Gobsmacked the first time I saw it in person in 1985.

That was the year Bernhard Langer won, and Chairman at the time, Hord Hardin, could not pronounce his name right to save his life in the sit down in the Butler cabin. Kept calling him "Burnerd", despite Langer correcting him. Hardin got replaced in those ceremonies shortly after that. The Augusta National Board does not take kindly to ANYTHING that embarrasses them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: And as I have said before, pictures don't do it justice. You

Apr 8, 2021, 8:38 AM

My wife and I are amazed at how they are able to remove all squirrels
and critters somehow. You never see a squirrel, at least we never have
the several years we went.

Apr 8, 2021, 10:06 AM
download.jpg(105.2 K)

Pretty sure they use this guy for varmint control:

Apr 8, 2021, 10:39 AM

Well, he is a Cinderella story, after all. Oh, he really got all of that one! It, it's in the hole! :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: There's a lot of beautiful...

Apr 8, 2021, 8:40 AM

One of my favorite memories with my dad is going to Augusta during the Masters week, and being able to walk up to the gate and purchase practice round tickets. It was an amazing experience. It seems so long ago now.

Re: There's a lot of beautiful...

Apr 8, 2021, 9:18 AM

I remember the first time I went. I had to reach down and feel the grass on the first fairway because it just didn't look real. The greens were beyond even that description. I'm sure Disney World based their attention to detail on ANGC

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Like walking into a cathedral

Apr 8, 2021, 10:15 AM

I have been fortunate to walk those ground numerous times, and it never gets old. Was just thinking, I have been there at least 3 times on Sundays for playoffs - 1982, 1990, 2012. But I actually prefer to go in the first two rounds, so I can see the whole field. It is a great experience to be there on Saturday or Sunday, but it is easier to keep up with the action on TV.

Always loved going on Wednesday, too, when it was general admission walkup. Laid back field and Par 3!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And they keep that separate Par 3 course looking better than

Apr 8, 2021, 10:41 AM

just about any course most of us will ever get to play.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic