Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Next week @ the RBC Heritage . . .
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Next week @ the RBC Heritage . . .

Apr 11, 2021, 11:45 PM

being played at the tight Harbour Town Golf Links in Hilton Head, we’ll have 5 Tigers in the Field . . .

Lucas Glover
Ben Martin
Bryson Nimmer
Doc Redman
Kyle Stanley

It’ll be good to have one of ours to root for over the weekend!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MGM RESORTS CHAMPIONSHIP MONDAY QUALIFIER

Apr 11, 2021, 11:56 PM

for the Korn Ferry Tour this week is being played tomorrow @ the LAS VEGAS NATIONAL GOLF CLUB . . .

We have a Tiger trying to make the Field . . . Sam Saunders

Here’s to a great showing for Sam!!! ??

I am assuming Billy Kennerly will be playing, but can’t find the Field listed anywhere . . . anyone know for sure?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: MGM RESORTS CHAMPIONSHIP MONDAY QUALIFIER

Apr 12, 2021, 7:25 AM

Billy is not listed in the field. I hope Sam will qualify.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 12, 2021, 2:37 PM [ in reply to MGM RESORTS CHAMPIONSHIP MONDAY QUALIFIER ]

Hey Skeeta56®

I'm not seeing Sam listed for the Monday Qualifier. Where did you see him listed?

https://swpga.bluegolf.com/bluegolfw/swpga22/event/swpga2239/contest/1/leaderboard.htm

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here . . .

Apr 12, 2021, 7:05 PM

https://swpga.bluegolf.com/bluegolfw/swpga22/event/swpga2240/pairings.htm?r=009e5916-573b-420e-befb-b468288520c1

Hope this helps . . .

Sam had one of the latest start times and they are only posting scores once the participant finishes. His name is listed on the Leaderboard with no score, so I assume he hasn’t finished. Looks like he’ll have to shoot at least -5 to have a chance.

Apr 12, 2021, 8:20 PM [ in reply to Re: MGM RESORTS CHAMPIONSHIP MONDAY QUALIFIER ]

The qualifier Schema posted is boulder and the one skeeta56 posted is Las Vegas CC...

2 different courses. Schema leader-10. Wow, nice round.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 12, 2021, 11:00 PM

Thanks guys. I didn't realize it was split into two different locations. Normally when they do that, you can toggle between them on the same page.

Great to see that Sam qualified!

https://swpga.bluegolf.com/bluegolfw/swpga22/event/swpga2240/contest/1/leaderboard.htm

Was a sweet round for Sam for sure!!!

Apr 13, 2021, 1:48 AM

Hard to believe when I saw what he had to shoot . . . Sooooo glad it worked out for him!!!

Re: Was a sweet round for Sam for sure!!!

Apr 13, 2021, 6:52 AM

Heck yeah. Only one square which is strong for Sam on any course. Nice little eagle on 13 to offset the bogey.... And only birdied 2 of the par 5s. Happy for him too.

Softballs back 2nite. Any takers that one WILL NOT end early 4 the 10 run rule... Didn't think so- Ladies have to be chompin at the bit to get back out in the field!!!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Was a sweet round for Sam for sure!!!

Apr 13, 2021, 10:38 AM [ in reply to Was a sweet round for Sam for sure!!! ]

https://www.pgatour.com/korn-ferry-tour/news/2021/04/13/monday-qualifiers-mgm-resorts-championship-paiute.html

Re: Next week @ the RBC Heritage . . .

Apr 13, 2021, 1:03 PM

Good field of Tigers!
Whatever happened to former CU golfer
Chris Patten?

The Big Man, Chris Patten, hung up the spikes . . .

Apr 14, 2021, 9:30 AM

years ago.

This is the last I could find on him:

Where are they now: Chris Patton
June 16, 2005 at 2:03 AM EDT - Updated July 10 at 10:00 PM
(Spartanburg) June 15, 2005 - You would think Chris Patton would be hard to miss. His size makes him instantly recognizable to golf fans, but these days the course is no longer a second home. It's not even a get-away from the wife.
After 20 years of serious playing, he's all but given up on golf, "I just got tired of it. I mean I was forced out in a way, but I'm not overly disappointed that it happened that way."

His professional days are done. He only came out for US Open Qualifying just to satisfy a former sponsor who never knew that a burned out Patton had teed it up just five times this whole year, "I just couldn't play. I had to take some time off. And because I wasn't playing, I lost my sponsor and I had to go to work."

Work as in a job with an indoor office. Chris now sells insurance in the Upstate.
It's not what anyone envisioned 16-years-ago when he became golf's next big thing. In 1989, he won the US Amateur and later played in The Masters. He was a part-time staple on the PGA Tour.
He shared the same swing coach with Tiger Woods at one point while his career still seemed hopeful, "I've been to 32 countries around the world. I've had dinner and played with presidents and ambassadors. I've all done it because of playing a game. There's a lot of things you can't take away from me."

He can forget, even if others don't. There's still a bit of urban legend about Patton, the big man who briefly made it on a big stage, "If I go play, people expect a lot more of me than I'm capable of producing. I feel like a letdown in a way. But understand that I don't play no more."

He doesn't play like you and me, but still like a pro. Patton came out and still broke par at the qualifier and with no practice and no preparation.
He may not like golf, but golf, it seems, still likes him.
By Mark Quinn
Posted 8:01pm by BrettWitt

Hold the Fort . . .

Apr 14, 2021, 9:42 AM [ in reply to Re: Next week @ the RBC Heritage . . . ]

In this article about Chris’ son, Colby, it speaks of Chris being a cattle farmer on the family farm near Fountain Inn, SC:

https://www.greenvilleonline.com/story/sports/2019/05/23/clemson-golfer-colby-patton-making-name-himself-ncaa-regional-austin-texas/3757953002/

Just don't ever do what I did back in 1985. I went to

Apr 14, 2021, 12:13 PM

a practice round at Augusta National on a Wednesday, so that I could also see the Par 3 Tournament. It was beyond great.

Then, the very next week, I went to the opening Thursday round of The Heritage at Harbour Town Golf Links. Now, Harbour Town is a VERY nice golf course. But, seeing it so soon after seeing Augusta, Harbour Town literally looked like a pig sty. A VERY RICH pig sty, but a pig sty nonetheless. There were actual (gasp) bare spots around a couple of the greens. You know, grass actually growing normally.

That would NEVER be tolerated at Augusta National, not even for a minute. Those bare spots would have been plugged with plugs of lush grass from the nursery immediately, fore shore.

Now, as I said, Harbour Town is a nice course. My only real criticism is that Pete Dye was in his "everything must have a plank" phase when he designed it. It is definitely a shotmakers golf course. Hitting it miles off the tee will not help you on most of the holes. Hitting it STRAIGHT will. :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic