Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Not sports related but, has any of you heard that,
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 40
| visibility 1

Not sports related but, has any of you heard that,

Mar 17, 2021, 5:26 PM

in South Carolina, the HWY Patrol, and local cops have been given the green light to start Ticketing drivers that are driving in the left lane at the same speed as the drivers in the right lane. I'm one that will be so happy to see these people that are causing traffic Jams by driving side by side of the traffic in the right hand lane!!!!

I know that rule has been in the drivers handbook for years, and it's past time to start writing tickets to those that are holding everybody up by driving side by side with the slower traffic in the right lanes. Drivers that do, they should have to pay a fine when they do it!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not sports related but, has any of you heard that,

Mar 17, 2021, 5:41 PM

That is accurate.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 18, 2021, 1:53 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Mar 18, 2021, 7:47 AM

now that is our state taxes at work.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What I can't understand is the line of 5-10 cars behind the

Mar 18, 2021, 8:08 AM [ in reply to Re: Not sports related but, has any of you heard that, ]

slow left lane driver with the right lane wide open. People truly can be sheep.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Mar 18, 2021, 11:04 AM [ in reply to Re: Not sports related but, has any of you heard that, ]

That is awesome!!! It seems that whenever I have to go out on the road, I'm passing more people from the right lane bc there are slow polks riding in the left lane. And nothing while traveling pisses me off more than an A$$ hole riding in the left lane at the same speed as the driver in the right lane, and refusing to speed up or move over. There is no one happier about the enforcement of the rule slower traffic stay in the right lane than I am!!!

Mar 17, 2021, 5:51 PM

Wow ..... a green light to actually enforce the law! About time!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 17, 2021, 6:32 PM

They now need to do something about people not using turn signals. It has gotten out of hand where I live.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 18, 2021, 11:08 AM

Same here, the first thing that comes to mind when I see people making turns without using their turn signal is, I can't believe they would buy a vehicle without turn signals!!! ;)

Mar 18, 2021, 7:52 AM [ in reply to Re: Not sports related but, has any of you heard that, ]

it is like calling holding in football, when it comes to traffic violations a cop can pretty much get you for anything, I can promise you will break several on your way home from work tonight.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 17, 2021, 6:54 PM

I see a lot of young punks turning right on red, then make a u turn back to the light, then turn right allowing them to continue on their way. That and cutting through a business parking lot instead of having to stop at a light. Yes, and stay off my grass!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 18, 2021, 7:37 AM

TU for self-awareness haha

Mar 17, 2021, 7:25 PM

Hallelujah!! I have driven through many states and S.C. drivers are the worst at that in my opinion. Maybe they will take the fine money and actually fix the roads. Should not be a novel idea.???????

Mar 19, 2021, 9:43 AM

Apparently you’ve never driven through Florida

Mar 17, 2021, 7:30 PM

Please! I will believe it when I see it. Obeying the speed limit is in the drivers handbook too and I see too many people going way too fast and a lot of them not being stopped for violating the speed limits.

Mar 17, 2021, 7:50 PM

Breaker ,Breaker 1-9 , east bound and down, load'em up and trucking, makes me wish I had my old CB radio.

Mar 17, 2021, 7:51 PM

and my GTO!

Mar 17, 2021, 7:56 PM [ in reply to Re: Not sports related but, has any of you heard that, ]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqYTX7parRw

HOW did this song make its way to #1 on the Pop charts?!?!?!

Mar 18, 2021, 8:05 AM

Guess it paved the way for Lil Nas X and his god-forsaken song "Old Town Road."

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Mar 17, 2021, 8:21 PM [ in reply to Re: Not sports related but, has any of you heard that, ]

Those were fun days when there were no cell phones and you had some wild times on channel 19

Mar 17, 2021, 7:52 PM

Good, driving has been getting worse. Last week the car in front of me just stopped in the middle of the road. I guess they didn’t know where they were going but you don’t just come to a dead stop on a one lane road

Just my opinion, but this used to be a bigger problem than

Mar 17, 2021, 7:54 PM

it is now, for the simple reason that most highways & interstates are now slam full in both lanes. So it's irrelevant. At least, it is in upstate SC. The traffic load is too heavy. Everybody can't fit in the right lane only, and free up the left lane for those who wish to go faster. It's just a solid wall of cars in both lanes...

This law might have helped about 40 years ago.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A drunk will run a STOP sign, but a stoner will wait for it to turn green.

I thought killing someone who did that was already

Mar 17, 2021, 7:54 PM

considered justifiable homicide...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's good news***

Mar 17, 2021, 8:18 PM

Mar 17, 2021, 8:21 PM

They should also give tickets to idiots that are going 80 ina 55 zone. as well as drivers who are in the right lane tailgating me when I am driving over the spped limit

Mar 17, 2021, 9:23 PM

I foresee a lot of Prius drivers in traffic court...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Left lane driving is the state past time of

Mar 18, 2021, 7:42 AM

Floridians...

Unsure they even know what the right lane is for, except to prep for the exit lane.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

PLEASE send them to East North Street in Greenville between

Mar 18, 2021, 8:01 AM

the hours of 7:00am - 8:30am, 11:30am - 1:00pm, 4:30pm - 6:30pm.

There will be a LOT of older people, school buses, lawn care workers, and minivans that can be pulled over. SLED will get rich!

Mar 18, 2021, 8:35 AM

If this is true...

Mar 18, 2021, 9:45 AM

I don't think the bill has passed yet. This is a story from a week or two ago

https://www.wyff4.com/article/sc-house-passes-bill-to-ticket-slow-left-lane-drivers/35753219

Mar 18, 2021, 9:51 AM

They just want to have an excuse to search for drugs and also an excuse to raise revenue.

Mar 18, 2021, 9:54 AM

I don't care what the excuse is...if it gets the idiots driving in the left lane out of the way, I'm good with it.

Mar 18, 2021, 10:07 AM

The real goal of this state should be to six lane all Interstates, especially I-95. The difference when coming out of Georgia in SC is wild. The amount of traffic does not change so putting three lanes of traffic into two becomes very stressful.

Mar 18, 2021, 10:33 AM

Hard to believe that section hasn't been widened yet. Was a real pain to deal with 20 years ago when I worked a couple of weeks on a project in Atlanta.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the only good politician is a dead politician.

Mar 18, 2021, 11:22 AM [ in reply to Re: Not sports related but, has any of you heard that, ]

Great, but the slower traffic would just move to the left 4 more lanes!!!

Mar 18, 2021, 6:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Not sports related but, has any of you heard that, ]

I'm OK with that bc, the only drugs they will find on me, they will be prescribed. And if they make enough money from the tickets, hopefully they will stop raising the gas Tax!!!

Mar 18, 2021, 11:24 AM

Good lord, having North Carolina tags is going to be expensive.

Although I live in NC now, these folks can't drive. In Charlotte, they drive four wide like they are a getting ready for a NASCAR race that never happens. Everywhere else, they read the left lane as a thru lane and the right lane as a shoulder for/right turn lanes. ARG!

NCDOT actually encourages folks to camp in the left lane. For example, there is a 4 lane part of i240 near Asheville whereby the ONLY thru lane is the left lane. Goes standard highway two-lane, 2 onramp come abreast. Those two lanes terminate eventually when a onramp from the LEFT appears and CONTINUES! Thus the former left lane becomes the center lane. Then the right lane ends as a exit. WTcoot NCDOT.

Yes, please keep your NC drivers up there.

Mar 18, 2021, 11:32 AM

They also drive like they are in a NASCAR race here in SC, too.

Mar 18, 2021, 5:20 PM

Speak what y'all will on SC drivers but by far the worst drivers I see in my area are out of state ??

I get it, we all have *those* drivers in our states but I'm hard pressed to say out of state driver's are "better" when I see them consistently breaking traffic laws all over Charleston, Hilton Head, Savannah, Myrtle Beach - yeah whatever about out of state driver's being the best ??

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What could possibly go wrong?***

Mar 18, 2021, 5:45 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That crap certainly is at epidemic proportions on SC roads,

Mar 19, 2021, 9:45 AM

all right. Tailgating seems to be up as well.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 40
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic