Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Kent State Holds 5 Lead Late in Clemson Invitational
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,693

Kent State Holds 5 Lead Late in Clemson Invitational

Mar 28, 2021, 9:13 AM

Sunset, SC—Kent State held a five-shot advantage over host school Clemson with five holes to play when inclement weather stopped play Saturday night at the Clemson Invitational at The Reserve in Sunset, SC. The 18 teams will conclude the tournament on Sunday morning starting at 8:30 a.m. The tournament includes 10 of the top 50 teams, and 13 of the top 100 players in the nation according to Golfstat.

Kent State is eight-under-par for the tournament through 49 holes, including eight under par in the final round. Clemson is in second place at three-under par through 50 holes, including six-under-par in the final round. Virginia Tech, ranked 20th in the nation entering the tournament, is at even par through 50 holes, including five-under in the final round. Maryland is at +1 for the tournament through 50 holes, even par in the final round.

The 18 teams played 27 holes on Friday and attempted to play 27 holes on Saturday due to inclement weather forecast for Sunday. Play was halted on Saturday night with teams having played between 13 and 14 holes of the final round.

Caley McGinty of Kent State has the individual lead at nine-under-par. She has played 13 holes in her final round and has a two-shot lead over Clemson sophomore Savannah Grewal. She is at seven under par, including two under in her final round.

That final round included a hole-in-one by Grewal on the 166-yard fourth hole. She used an eight-iron in recording the first hole-in-one of her career, and it was the first hole-in-one recorded by any Clemson women’s golfer in history. Earlier in the day, she finished off a second round 67, the low round of her career by three shots.

Virunpat OLankitunchai of Maryland is one shot back of Grewal in third place at six under par, while Tristin Nowlin of Illinois is currently fourth at four under.

Four Clemson players are in the top 15 individually entering the final stages of the final round. Annabelle Pancake and Alexandra Swayne are tied for 12th at one over par. Swayne is four-under par in her final round, tied with McGinty for thebest in the field of 93 golfers. Ivy Shepherd stands at two over and is in a tie for 15th. Calista Rice is one over par through 15 holes in her final round and is in 51st place for the tournament at +9.

Live scoring is available on golfstat.com.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Kent State Holds 5 Lead Late in Clemson Invitational

Mar 28, 2021, 10:43 AM

That went from bad to worse. Tiger golfers came out and had a rough morning as Kent St came out on fire. Clemson dropped from a 6 hole showdown battle with Kent to ending up in 4th place... Get em next time and try to hone your game for the ACC tourney.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 28, 2021, 2:00 PM

For the life of me I don't completely understand why Kent State would have a better women's golf team that us. I am sure there is a logical explanation ..... just don't know what it is.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 28, 2021, 2:23 PM

Idk but they were on fire in the fall. Finished first in a couple tourneys... Honestly tigerlinks, I've asked the same question about the men's side as well. I'd say your question is two fold, easier school to get into. But if you study their roster, all but one is from overseas. A couple of them were transfers. One transfer was a division 3 winner but originally from London. Oddly enough, one from London went to coots for a year and transferred to Kent. Believe she came in 2nd today. That gal that won is from France... I think.

I understand tons of local talent but, like football, peaks and valleys on only recruiting local. We've done a good job recruiting soccer overseas. Just my 02... In which I've gotten TD's for.

Mar 28, 2021, 2:23 PM [ in reply to Re: Kent State Holds 5 Lead Late in Clemson Invitational ]

Idk but they were on fire in the fall. Finished first in a couple tourneys... Honestly tigerlinks, I've asked the same question about the men's side as well. I'd say your question is two fold, easier school to get into. But if you study their roster, all but one is from overseas. A couple of them were transfers. One transfer was a division 3 winner but originally from London. Oddly enough, one from London went to coots for a year and transferred to Kent. Believe she came in 2nd today. That gal that won is from France... I think.

I understand tons of local talent but, like football, peaks and valleys on only recruiting local. We've done a good job recruiting soccer overseas. Just my 02... In which I've gotten TD's for.

Mar 28, 2021, 2:23 PM [ in reply to Re: Kent State Holds 5 Lead Late in Clemson Invitational ]

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,693
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic