Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Youth is served
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1,502

Youth is served

May 11, 2021, 9:41 PM

I understand the frustrations of the wanna be baseball coaches on TigerNet over the struggles of our team this year because all fans want to see wins. Tonight's win was huge and this weekend is even bigger. A look at our lineup shows that of the position players, we played 4 Freshmen, 4 Sophomores and 2 Juniors. The pitchers were 3 Freshmen and 2 Sophomores. Anyone that actually knows anything about baseball knows the ball bounces funny sometimes and it takes time to gain experience.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Youth is served

May 11, 2021, 10:11 PM

I must admit I didn't have much confidence going into this game but these young Tigers boosted me. This was indeed a great win. Good job Tigers.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 12, 2021, 9:08 AM

Man we are going to be lethal in a few years.

May 12, 2021, 9:14 AM

And anybody who knows anything about major college baseball knows you only have freshmen, sophomores, and juniors to work with these days. Youth isn’t the issue.

May 12, 2021, 9:37 AM

This is a truly uninformed comment.

In most years it wouldn't be true because you hardly see every junior leave for the draft in baseball anymore than you do in other sports.

That comment would be like saying you only see freshmen in major college basketball simply because players are allowed to leave after 1 season.

Your comment though is even more uninformed this season because many of the top teams are playing with 5th and even 6th year seniors due to the MLB draft being cut down to only 5 rounds last season.

Notre Dame is always a lower tier team in the conference but is the best team in the conference this season simply because hardly anybody left their roster and they got a handful of 5th and 6th year players to transfer in and make them better.

The same is true of USC Upstate who was able to pull in a lot of JUCO guys because there weren't enough spots for them on the rosters of the larger schools they would typically sign with.

Anybody who knows anything about major college baseball knows the 1st and 2nd year players are even further behind their competition than they would be in a typical college baseball season due to the change in eligibility rules last season.

Replies: 4
| visibility 1,502
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic