Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
You will like this evaluation of FSU D.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

You will like this evaluation of FSU D.

Jun 4, 2023, 6:50 PM

From an FSU website. These guys follow FSU (paid people) full time. The guy on the left has been following them full time (radio and this website, warchant.com) for over 20 years. He is anything but a homer.

They break down the defense by position group. They point out that the back 7 has a ton of questions. I'll let you listen to it and decide for yourself. But, just know that not all Nole fans are assuming we're gonna come into Clemson and dominate.

Last note. Both these guys underestimate Clemson, IMHO. Offensively and defensively, they are underestimating Clemson offense, specifically OL, WR and the, in their words, "untested freshman QB."

They think FSU offense is elite. And, they think the Clemson defense is "good, but not great." Even with that they are saying Clemson and FSU game is a pick 'em.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rumwnsr3hic

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You will like this evaluation of FSU D.

Jun 4, 2023, 6:52 PM

It’s not a pick ‘em. Clemson +14 should be the spread by kickoff.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I am glad we got you guys early.

Jun 4, 2023, 6:54 PM

Outside of the Duke game we don't need to show too much of the new offense.

Also, injury could play a huge factor if we are hurt at thin spots like DE.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 4, 2023, 7:51 PM

There are alot of people that are going to find out they are wrong about Clemson football this year. The so-called experts and fans of other schools want us to fade away. They think if they speak it enough it will come to fruition. Clemson isn't going anywhere. Offense is going to be pretty good. And that, in and of itself, will make the defense better.

Jun 4, 2023, 7:54 PM

Vegas won’t lie about our chances.

Jun 4, 2023, 8:04 PM

TU for the football post.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes the road to the truth is so elusive it's confusing and reality becomes illusion.

Jun 4, 2023, 8:19 PM

I don’t know when FSU’s offense became elite…….it must have been some time after Oct 15, 2022.

Because on Oct 15, 2022, their team was losing to Clemson 34-14 entering the 4th Qtr. Now granted, they scored 2 garbage time TD’s.

Wait…….did FSU become elite when they beat a 6-6 Oklahoma team in the Cheez-it Bowl…..by 3 pts?

FSU became very good on the OL when...

Jun 4, 2023, 9:34 PM

... our we got healthy after the season, and we got two new starters in the portal. (Plus our highest ranked recruit last year was a 4 star OL who redshirted but will at least be a quality 2nd teamer is not a starter. Alex Atkins, OL coach, is clearly the best recruiter we have. The OL is light years ahead of where it was two seasons ago. Our OL can go 10 deep this year without a serious drop off in talent. Last year we had five quality OL at the beginning of the season. Injuries and complete lack of depth were the problem.

As far as last years game goes, nobody can explain why FSU was able to come back. The game looked like a complete blowout. I think Norvell called the fake punt (which failed miserably) as an act of desperation. When it happened I told my buddy, "We'll get beat 50-14 now."

Note, I said "very good." We aren't at the elite level yet.

Message was edited by: bretfsu®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 4, 2023, 9:41 PM

FSU is coming on and may win that game but I'm going to be super disappointed if they do.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic