Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
You think Tony Romo wants to try coaching?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

You think Tony Romo wants to try coaching?

Dec 8, 2021, 12:09 PM

Not sure about recruiting, staff management, player relations, etc. The man can read a defense and knows his stuff.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You think Tony Romo wants to try coaching?

Dec 8, 2021, 12:25 PM

I hope he does ,not just here in Clemson. And this is coming from a lifelong Cowboy fan.
He was a gunslinger in Dallas and he is even worse ,IMO, as an analyst. Heck even his Corona commercials are a bit silly.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 8, 2021, 12:26 PM

What about Peyton Manning as off cord if Tony leaves. He might could bring his nephew

Dec 8, 2021, 12:32 PM

Not a single player on our team would have a clue what Peyton was talking about when he explained his concepts to the team.

His football brain is so complex that he had trouble at times relating to the guys that he played with who got to spend 8-10 hours per day with him trying to learn.

Even sometimes he has to catch himself on the Monday Night Football thing and change to say more simplistic things for the audience. Even then he is probably over the heads of a lot of the viewers.

Can you imagine him trying to deal with our QB/Center combos this season who had tons of trouble trying to read defensive alignments, coverages and blitzes? He would go absolutely nuts.

It would be like trying to hire a computer hacker to teach a computer class to elementary kids.

Dec 8, 2021, 12:41 PM

He rakes in $17 million annually from CBS to talk about football. Not coach. Not recruit. To watch football and talk about it. Dude's on easy street and am not sure if many would give that up.

I despise the Cowboys but loved Romo when he played there

Dec 8, 2021, 2:30 PM

The guy has found a lucrative, part-time niche on TV that pays him handsomely. Why would he take a huge cut in pay for a job that requires complete dedication?

Life is very good for Tony Romo. Why mess it up?

Speaking of ex-QBs, I actually think Trent Dilfer would be

Dec 8, 2021, 2:35 PM

excellent.

I'm always highly impressed whenever I hear him speak. I didn't exactly love how he made headlines for going overboard with yelling at one of his HS players earlier this year, but otherwise, he seems to have a great grasp of the overall football landscape, and he's very well connected.

Re: Still speaking if ex-QBs

Dec 8, 2021, 3:01 PM

Is JP Losman still on staff? Not at all bringing him up as an OC candidate but just haven’t heard his name lately.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic