Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
You Know You Have Too Many Teams In A Conference..... ---
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1854

You Know You Have Too Many Teams In A Conference..... ---

Jun 23, 2024, 2:17 PM

........ when that conference floods every or any national tournament all the way to the championship game with the final 2 teams from that conference are in that particular championship game.

Good teams is good teams.... but come on.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You Know You Have Too Many Teams In A Conference..... ---

Jun 23, 2024, 2:42 PM

Half of the CWS was ACC teams who could have eliminated both Tennessee and Texas A&M for an all ACC final series. But they didn't.

Jun 23, 2024, 4:40 PM

Yep but, I think that the ACC had the deck stacked against them with the way the teams of each conference was paired. I think that the ACC had a tougher schedule to play bc of seeding!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 23, 2024, 3:11 PM

you should be more selective. Like why would any self respecting conference select the coots. Both ACC and SEC are guilty of that gaffe

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 23, 2024, 3:24 PM

I agree with your point Xander, The SEC and BIG10 have essentially bought up the teams that they can't beat or give them trouble (except for fsu and clemson) the BIG10 with importing USC, UCLA, Washington and Oregon......besides maybe Stanford in overall titles, the 4 teams that left to go to the BIG10 are the most valuable and won alot of championships , so has Nebraska in football and Maryland in basketball and olympic sports.

The SEC has done the same with importing Texas and Oklahoma (who they were never overtaking in softball) and oh by the way both schools happen to be pretty good in football basketball and baseball also, also throw in A&M and Mizzo......and quite frankly Arkansas and South Carolina. it does get a little absurd after while beating your chest by importing schools you can't overtake then bragging about how deep you are.

I guess the ACC should import Michigan, Uconn, and brag about some imported titles as well.

One of the things that blows my mind is the old big12 if they had just stood pat when they had Mizzo, A&M, Texas and Oklahoma and Nebraska and i guess maybe Arkansas too, would have easily been a better conference in all sports than the SEC. But tv/moneye aka espn others is invested in building a product and that product is a specific conference whilst tearing down others........ultimatly making the college game boring.

Jun 23, 2024, 3:32 PM

Texas and their selfish desire to run the Big 12 and hog their own network ran off those schools.

Re: Its Just Basically Buying Championships For A Conference ---.. ---

Jun 23, 2024, 3:37 PM [ in reply to Re: You Know You Have Too Many Teams In A Conference..... --- ]

Unfortunately.... Clemson with all its good character and lifestyle is going to have to stoop an inch or 3 lower than the life we know to join in.....so we can claim championships to keep our programs a household name

Jun 23, 2024, 4:48 PM

Clemson will have to earn everything they get the down a much tougher path than any other conference. If you look at the whole picture, ESECPN are the ones that helped the SEC recruit some of the best HS recruits in the country by continuously singing that song of SEC players being bigger, stronger, faster, and more talented!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 23, 2024, 5:50 PM

The NCAA sloppers have got to get those SEC teams in every playoff.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 1854
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic