Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
You know, we Clemson fans, at least some of us, have looked
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1

You know, we Clemson fans, at least some of us, have looked

Dec 3, 2021, 10:00 PM

down on coaches like Saban, Spurrier, etc. for the way they culled players each and every year, and Dabo never did. I once added up our recruits signed over a 5 year period,and I don't remember the exact numbers, but Bama and South Carolina had signed about 25 to 30 more players than we did. Well, now, our players are culling themselves. The ones that Dabo would have kept on hand until they graduated,even though they were not producing very much, are now opting out, and we will have an opportunity to replace them with better players. The transfer portal may not be as bad on us as it seems....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You know, we Clemson fans, at least some of us, have looked

Dec 3, 2021, 10:25 PM

You just have to over sign each year to account for the 10 or so players transferring each year.

Usually, the ones that "Dabo would have kept on hand even

Dec 3, 2021, 10:32 PM

though they weren't producing very much" are still here. If they realize that they in fact have no football future, that college football is it for them, then you couldn't pry them out of here with a shovel.

The players we are losing were HIGHLY RATED players coming out of high school. They were NOT just warm bodies.

That is the main thing that the portal has done to disrupt college football. No more hitting the weight room, practicing hard, and "waiting your turn". As the Fanville commercial says, "Rico's time is NOW!"

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can't think of any that left that mattered with a couple o

Dec 4, 2021, 8:36 AM

f exceptions. Pagano and maybe Jordan Williams, and I just saw last night that Jordan WIlliams has opted out of VT's bowl game so he can prepare for the draft. The DB that went to Georrgia was a player, but not so much for us his last year because he stayed in trouble. Got in big trouble after he left,but Georgia has NO standards so they said come on down anyway. All I am saying is that now, we will have the same chance to upgrade that Bama has been doing for many years. It's a new day in college football. Good or bad....

Replies: 3
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic