Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
you guys ever think back on your past and
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

you guys ever think back on your past and

Jan 21, 2022, 3:23 PM

think about the things that seemed like a really big deal at the time.. but then every 1 realized it wasn't a big deal and every 1 quickly forgot.

Who Shot JR
The New Duke boys
Wired Remotes
2021 UGA Nat Champ
Nintendo Power Glove
Fox adding a 4th channel

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

and astroturf in the back of El Camino's

Jan 21, 2022, 3:27 PM

Wait, that's still cool.
nevermind

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Chickens 1969 ACC Conference Championship! or

Jan 21, 2022, 3:48 PM

being members of the ACC

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not getting a college degree will destroy your market worth

Jan 21, 2022, 3:54 PM

and thus $ made over lifetime will be so much less.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: you guys ever think back on your past and

Jan 21, 2022, 3:57 PM

Remember Y2K. Planes were gonna fall out of the sky and atms we’re gonna spit cash out like fire hydrants

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 21, 2022, 4:20 PM

Yep...this is a good one. I remember having a watch party at the church Dec 31st.

Y2K?.... I hear 5G is going to do the same thing

Jan 22, 2022, 8:31 AM [ in reply to Re: you guys ever think back on your past and ]

Flying soon?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 21, 2022, 4:33 PM

I think back to my past often, and cringe when I realize how much time I wasted just thinking ,and not doing.

I owned one of the very first VCR's of anyone I knew. It

Jan 21, 2022, 4:58 PM

cost over $1000, would turn itself on, ONE TIME, RECORD OFF ONE CHANNEL, until it ran out of tape and turned itself off.

I still had a black and white TV at the time, because color TV's were just getting their color stabilization together. I did not like green people on my TV.

OOPS, I guess the WOKE Aliens are gonna be on my ar$e now!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 21, 2022, 6:42 PM

I remember being in high school, if there was a snow forecast, we went anyway. Stayed until sleet or snow began to fall. Of course teachers had lost control by then. Anyway, school would be dismissed early. Guess who drove busses?? Student drivers; 16 and 17 year olds. I was one of those drivers. Never in my memory was there ever an injury due to going to or leaving school in spite of the forecast. Oh yeah, we loved snow days for sure.

My longevity has taught me that most of my

Jan 22, 2022, 5:59 AM

"big deals" were, are and will be self-created...figments of a robust imagination, designed largely to create misbegotten drama!

Laid-back, forbearance and patience are qualities worth considering, regardless of age.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That brings back the memory of the sergeant who

Jan 22, 2022, 8:37 AM

was rating my performance after NCO School - said he didn't think I would ever make a good NCO because "nothing ever seems to bother him". Must have been my "laid-back patience"..... (or maybe not).

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In other words, what we thought were Milestones, turned out

Jan 22, 2022, 8:27 AM

to be Millstones?

Remember back when you graduated High School, you and your mates were going to change the world?

My High School mates were apparently ahead of the curve, because we are so lazy, we haven't even had very many class reunions since 1972. No world changers there, or if so, news hasn't filtered back around here yet.

:(

Jan 22, 2022, 5:58 PM

MTV

The UGA win came in the weakest

Jan 22, 2022, 6:00 PM

COVID year too

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The UGA win came in the weakest

Jan 22, 2022, 6:11 PM

Ah yea the year all the ICU beds were taken and people died waiting to be seen at the hospital and people with gunshot wounds waiting over a week for surgery and tents outside hospitals.

Yep no big deal at all.

I still use my Nintendo power glove

Jan 22, 2022, 6:13 PM

Just not for it’s intended use.

Wait, wut?

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic