Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Yes, I am aware that this is the wrong bored, but
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Yes, I am aware that this is the wrong bored, but

Jan 31, 2023, 11:16 PM

I was just trying to reorganize my cooking supplies and I looked at one cabinet and thought to myself, “that may be a good place to keep my barbecuing equipment.” In actuality, I was thinking of my grilling accessories. At that moment it dawned on me that I am no longer a country boy. I have been city-fide. No one from the country refers to a grill as a barbecue, but I just did.

So my question to all the once country folk is, when did you first realize that you had become one of dem city folk?

I grew up in a place where the cows outnumbered the people at least 4 to one. Yet here I sit today calling a grill a barbecue.

Shame on me! It’s just sad.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yes, I am aware that this is the wrong bored, but

Jan 31, 2023, 11:22 PM

It’s not too late. You CAN separate grilling and barbecuing supplies. Don’t give up!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I noticed something I did, caught myself & switched back to my country self. I

Feb 1, 2023, 9:21 AM

said "guys" instead of "y'all". There's a couple that sits behind us at football games and it's a constant "come on guys, first down guys, hold them, guys" etc. etc. I'm guessing I picked up from them.

Good news though, klimpzun, I was back to my country-self before I got back to the truck! I was telling the #### fans, "y'all still suck!".

Long story short, don't fret the petty sh!t, you'll be back to yourself soon enough.

Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

One of my friends at Clemson

Feb 1, 2023, 12:22 PM

Was from Iowa. He would say yous guys. That was hard to listen to for the two years it took him to finally start saying y’all.

Feb 1, 2023, 9:29 AM

First and most importantly, don’t panic. We need to keep a clear head at this turbulent time. Mine happened one morning when I was making the bed and realized I was putting three decorative pillows on it. I immediately threw them on the floor and walked away. Maybe take a trip back to the pasture and tiptoe through the “tulips”. Bring a pile of “tulips” back home with you. I would imagine by the time you get home the smell will become a constant reminder when you are about to mix up the grill and barbecue.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 1, 2023, 12:20 PM

I think a stroll through a pasture may do the trick. Couldn’t hurt in any way.

WRONG BOARD, MORAN!***

Feb 1, 2023, 12:21 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

When you start questioning which pair of

Feb 1, 2023, 12:25 PM

skinny jeans go with your satchel, then I will worry about you being cityfied.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Feb 1, 2023, 12:44 PM

My former father-in-law started wearing a “murse “ which he claimed was a manly bag. I protested and said “not even if you’re carrying a .44 Magnum in it.”

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Class of '87

Feb 1, 2023, 12:54 PM

The closest I've come is finding, after having been away for about a decade, that I can no longer handle sweet tea. I so missed it when I was away, but when I got back and had what used to be my favorite at a local drive in, I had to re-order - it was like syrup. But barbecue is still a noun and I still cook on a grill.

Please tell me you dont call soft drinks "pop" or "soda"

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I actually made a grocery list the other day

Feb 1, 2023, 2:58 PM

and on that list I put ‘diet sodas’

Feb 1, 2023, 1:06 PM

When I started having to lock my guns up in a safe.

Feb 1, 2023, 1:06 PM

Well, at least most of them.

Feb 1, 2023, 3:31 PM

Just trow in the word "tailgating" with your bbq, grilling and smoking references every once in a while, and you'll always be on the correct bored.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic