Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Yankee, Go Home
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 1
| visibility 1,104

Yankee, Go Home

Mar 28, 2021, 1:45 PM

I came to Clemson in July 1955. Soon thereafter, Bob and his family came to Clemson from New York to join the Clemson faculty. We both lived in the duplexes at the top of Daniel Drive. The duplex in which Bob and his family lived was below the street level and there was a grass covered slope in front. Bob and I became good friends, playing golf together and pulling pranks on each other.

About two years later, I decided to pull a prank on Bob, One night I got some fertilizer and with the fertilizer I spelled out "YANKEE GO HOME" on that grassy slope in front of his duplex. About three weeks later, one of Bob's daughters called to her Dad to look out the front door to the grassy slope. What he saw was a beautiful green "YANKEE GO HOME" that was to greet him each day. Of course, he had no trouble identifying the person who had offered the suggestion.

One of his daughters still lives in the Clemson area and we still get a big laugh over an act that occurred about 64 years ago.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yankee, Go Home

Mar 28, 2021, 1:51 PM

At least he had a sense of humor. Today, sadly you would probably be charged with a hate crime. Those days you could do stuff like that, but in these rotten times not so much.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 1
| visibility 1,104
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic