Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Would it be prudent to medically redshirt Shipley?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Would it be prudent to medically redshirt Shipley?

Sep 27, 2021, 10:27 AM

His exact injury has not been identified, but according to Coach, will be on crutches a couple weeks and could be out 3-4, maybe 5 weeks. That tells me he probably will not be back until November. Will the team need him for the last 4 games because of attrition and a depleted RB room, since Dixon transferred?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yeah. He should be done for the year

Sep 27, 2021, 10:29 AM

Just use up Rencher

Wont matter anyway if the OL struggles continue

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

is there a deadline to decide?

Sep 27, 2021, 10:39 AM

he is still within the 5 game rule so if there isn't a deadline. i'd just wait and not blow a medical until you have to..

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

4 games.***

Sep 27, 2021, 11:29 AM

Re: Would it be prudent to medically redshirt Shipley?

Sep 27, 2021, 11:36 AM

I may be reading your post too literal, apologies if so. Might not be a bad idea to sit him for the remainder depending on how he recovers over the next 4 weeks and team performance. I highly doubt he stays more than 4 years so redshirting doesn’t really make sense

Sep 27, 2021, 1:31 PM

I actually do not know what the official differences are between a standard redshirt and a medical, for instances, if there are a certain number of each allowed.

ETN came back for his senior season, so, it's not out of the realm of possibility that Shipley would. He's only played in 4-games, so we haven't really even gotten a good taste of him.

Sep 27, 2021, 1:40 PM

I think it is too early to consider a redshirt, have to see how long he is out and what the team's status is at that point.
Shipley is a long ways from being an NFL prospect right now. In 3 games against FBS opponents he has 36 carries for 136 yds (3.72 avg) with a long of 16 yds. He has 4 receptions for 16 yds with a long of 11.

He's not really a breakaway threat, he more a between the tackles, get a consistent 5 yds kind of player. Also a guy that has some potential to catch a ball but not huge threat there yet.

Sep 27, 2021, 1:48 PM

Do not agree. Shipley “could” be a CMC style player

Sep 27, 2021, 11:51 AM

and that’s a top draw for NFL right now. Running backs who can catch passes out of backfield are priorities in the league. Redshirt wastes a year since his talent is 3 years and on to the next.
However, if he is injured more severe than maybe you simply sit him and don’t play him. We are 2-2 and the next few weeks will tell the story on what will happen. Rencher could be starting if things do not turn around and I would be happy for him but disappointed in the season.

Go Tigers ????

Sep 27, 2021, 3:05 PM

The coaches were trying to redshirt Mafah. If Mafah play well and Shipley is only ready to go for a game or two, you could see him sit and get the extra year.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic