»
Topic: Would it be prudent to medically redshirt Shipley?
Replies: 9   Last Post: Sep 27, 2021, 3:05 PM by: Moondog7
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your CatCoins™ to grant this post a special award and grant the author bonus CatCoins™!

YOUR BALANCE
monetization_on
[ Tiger Boards - Clemson Football ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 9  

Would it be prudent to medically redshirt Shipley?

Sep 27, 2021, 10:27 AM

His exact injury has not been identified, but according to Coach, will be on crutches a couple weeks and could be out 3-4, maybe 5 weeks. That tells me he probably will not be back until November. Will the team need him for the last 4 games because of attrition and a depleted RB room, since Dixon transferred?

flag link

yeah. He should be done for the year

Sep 27, 2021, 10:29 AM

Just use up Rencher

Wont matter anyway if the OL struggles continue

2021 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link

is there a deadline to decide?

[2]
Sep 27, 2021, 10:39 AM

he is still within the 5 game rule so if there isn't a deadline. i'd just wait and not blow a medical until you have to..

2021 white level member flag link

4 games.***

Sep 27, 2021, 11:29 AM

flag link

Re: Would it be prudent to medically redshirt Shipley?

Sep 27, 2021, 11:36 AM

I may be reading your post too literal, apologies if so. Might not be a bad idea to sit him for the remainder depending on how he recovers over the next 4 weeks and team performance. I highly doubt he stays more than 4 years so redshirting doesn’t really make sense

flag link

Sep 27, 2021, 1:31 PM

I actually do not know what the official differences are between a standard redshirt and a medical, for instances, if there are a certain number of each allowed.

ETN came back for his senior season, so, it's not out of the realm of possibility that Shipley would. He's only played in 4-games, so we haven't really even gotten a good taste of him.

flag link

Sep 27, 2021, 1:40 PM

I think it is too early to consider a redshirt, have to see how long he is out and what the team's status is at that point.
Shipley is a long ways from being an NFL prospect right now. In 3 games against FBS opponents he has 36 carries for 136 yds (3.72 avg) with a long of 16 yds. He has 4 receptions for 16 yds with a long of 11.

He's not really a breakaway threat, he more a between the tackles, get a consistent 5 yds kind of player. Also a guy that has some potential to catch a ball but not huge threat there yet.

flag link

Sep 27, 2021, 1:48 PM

Why not redshirt then? As you said there’s little drop off in stats with the other RB’s. Actually the RB that has the same average yards is LJD but oh well. I think Pace and the others could manage.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/team/stats/_/id/228/clemson-tigers

2021 orange level member flag link

Do not agree. Shipley “could” be a CMC style player

Sep 27, 2021, 11:51 AM

and that’s a top draw for NFL right now. Running backs who can catch passes out of backfield are priorities in the league. Redshirt wastes a year since his talent is 3 years and on to the next.
However, if he is injured more severe than maybe you simply sit him and don’t play him. We are 2-2 and the next few weeks will tell the story on what will happen. Rencher could be starting if things do not turn around and I would be happy for him but disappointed in the season.

Go Tigers ????

flag link

Sep 27, 2021, 3:05 PM

The coaches were trying to redshirt Mafah. If Mafah play well and Shipley is only ready to go for a game or two, you could see him sit and get the extra year.

flag link

Replies: 9  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Wake Forest
FOR SALE: WF: 8 TIX. 40 YD Line, LOWER SOUTH. SEC E, ROW R. Close to the Aisle. $400 EACH

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Tiger Boards - Clemson Football ]
Start New Topic
1114 people have read this post