Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Will Clemson use the transfer portal
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Will Clemson use the transfer portal

Dec 5, 2022, 4:25 PM

Now since many of the players are entering the transfer portal. I wonder if Dabo will consider using the transfer portal to build depth and fill a few needs. Thoughts?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I believe we had 11 players enter the portal last year

Dec 5, 2022, 4:28 PM

and Dabo still didn’t use the portal.

So based on history, losing these guys this year won’t motivate Dabo to start using it now.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

We have all the walk ons for a reason man!!

Dec 5, 2022, 4:30 PM

?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Will Clemson use the transfer portal

Dec 5, 2022, 4:32 PM

https://youtu.be/eHOq_N-Sybw?t=13

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Will Clemson use the transfer portal

Dec 5, 2022, 4:34 PM

auto load thumbnail ruined it

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Im no expert, but I think we have 2 choices:

Dec 5, 2022, 4:33 PM

Sign a whole bunch more high schoolers or use the portal. Since the number of players hitting the portal is hard to predict (at least while it is new), I think teams are left with no choice.

Maybe the NCAA should increase the # of scholarships to make the first option more realistic? Although I guess that would inevitably lead to more players in the portal every year.

The portal, combined with NIL means CFB is destined to become a lot more NFL like. (Thumbs down)

Re: Im no expert, but I think we have 2 choices:

Dec 5, 2022, 4:36 PM

The NCAA has either changes the rule or is considering changing the rule about only signing 25 per class. They wanted to go to unlimited per class as long as you stay under 85

Done already.

Dec 5, 2022, 4:52 PM

You can sign as many as you like but stay under 85.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WHY NOW??!

Dec 5, 2022, 5:21 PM

so many saying we should use it NOW.............WE SHOULD HAVE BEEN USING IT THE LAST 3-4 YEARS NOW.

Why so many wanting it NOW all of a sudden??.........b/c we've hit a 3-4 year downward skid??......we're now in a REACTIVE mode when we should have been PROACTIVE a few years ago.....NOT USING IT is PART of the reason for our struggles over the last 2-3 years.

Re: WHY NOW??!

Dec 5, 2022, 5:25 PM

Can Drew Swinney play LB or DL?

2024 white level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic