Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why Kelly left Notre Dame!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

Why Kelly left Notre Dame!

Nov 30, 2021, 8:21 AM

He realized that Notre Dame is NEVER going to join the ACC, and that they are NEVER going to relax admission standards for athletes.

His team is going to miss the CFP this year despite 11 wins, and has a half decent chance of watching a G5 team AND a 2-loss team get in before ND.

Still shocking, though, not because I don't think he is a good coach (I do), and not because I don't think he is improving his path to a national championship (he is), but just because I don't see it being a cultural fit.

Every coach wants to win a national championship, and Riley and Kelly want that, too. I think Riley gets one eventually, but I would bet against Kelly getting one. Riley will still be at USC 10 years from now (unless he bolts to the NFL); I think Kelly is gone from LSU in fewer than 5 seasons.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why Kelly left Notre Dame!

Nov 30, 2021, 8:25 AM

He also lost to that G5 team that is getting in ahead of him. If he beats them, ND is in.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

$ Again, $ overthinking it. $

Nov 30, 2021, 8:27 AM

in my opinion. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Notre Dame will end up like Ivy league schools, gatech, -

Nov 30, 2021, 8:28 AM

vandy -

Never have a chance at the CFP

unless they join a conference

He is gonna Get PAID $$$$ a ####Ton of money and promptly get his AR$E kicked all over the SEC

then retire ......

we all get to watch it ......

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Why Kelly left Notre Dame!

Nov 30, 2021, 8:37 AM

And he's going from being the "big dog" at a storied program to the HC of a rather sleazy one. And he's looking forward to getting kicked by Bammer every year. So where's the path to CFP heaven? It must be about the Benjamins and a less academic and more football environment.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The chance to recruit better skill and defensive linemen

Nov 30, 2021, 9:42 AM

that other Southern teams enjoy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic