Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why is S Carolina cleaning our clock on in-state recruits?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

Why is S Carolina cleaning our clock on in-state recruits?

Feb 2, 2023, 11:24 AM

In particular O-Linemen?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is typically when we are told

Feb 2, 2023, 11:25 AM

that we recruit nationally and in-state players are not typically our caliber of player.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Wherever we're recruiting for basketball,

Feb 2, 2023, 11:44 AM

we need to change the region. ObvIt's not working.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This is typically when we are told

Feb 2, 2023, 12:18 PM [ in reply to This is typically when we are told ]

Well typically they’re not.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This is typically when we are told

Feb 2, 2023, 12:30 PM [ in reply to This is typically when we are told ]

We recruit nationally and in-state players are not typically our caliber of player.

Nah actually they are the shiny new "tool" on the block right now. Beamer is feeding them all the "lets build a championship team together" stuff, and players are buying into it. You've got to give them credit for getting some of the high caliber players.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

^^^is accurate statement^^^***

Feb 2, 2023, 12:32 PM [ in reply to This is typically when we are told ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why is S Carolina cleaning our clock on in-state recruits?

Feb 2, 2023, 11:27 AM

You mean all 2 or 3 of them?

Goodness…

Feb 2, 2023, 11:28 AM

Can’t get them all. I am currently unsure if they are life long fans of the school or immediate playing time is a factor. I am unsure of the depth on the OL at both schools, but these kids are not crazy about going to a place where they may be sitting for a year or 2.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MEG

Feb 2, 2023, 11:35 AM

When is the last time this state has produced a good offensive lineman much less 3 ? They are not ahead of us in that department. They get these guys sure, but talent wise, no.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is the first post that makes me feel better about the...

Feb 2, 2023, 12:32 PM

situation. There have been only a few that I remember going to the NFL.

Still, we did offer these 3, right?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

we can't get any of them***

Feb 2, 2023, 8:18 PM [ in reply to Re: Why is S Carolina cleaning our clock on in-state recruits? ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why is the Sky Falling?

Feb 2, 2023, 12:00 PM

Everyone needs to stay calm. If a kid is 50/50 on us vs the evil empire, do we even want him/her/it?
These decisions are being made by 16/17 year old kids.
If you were around SC that long and didn’t have a preference, would you rather watch us from the bench or play for a weaker program?
These kids are the equivalent of political neutrality - it doesn’t really exist, they just don’t want to say (during recruiting) “I’m a gameclock and always have been…”
They are not going to recruit in state and admit that they are not worthy of consideration. That’s in the eye of the beholder and we are not the only choice. Most overgrown kids want to be the big stud on campus and they have that option by playing for a second rate program.

Feb 2, 2023, 12:15 PM

Spot on...I've said time and again that any kid that is even looking at USuC is likely not someone we should be interested in (not all but most). The difference between the two schools, programs, coaches, education, etc. is about as vast as you can get...we're not talking apples to apples here whatsoever.

Feb 2, 2023, 2:22 PM

I would have taken Marcus Lattimore in a heartbeat, but he's the one exception that comes to mind.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I read on their 5* it was the NIL package,if we don't have $

Feb 5, 2023, 8:39 AM [ in reply to Re: Why is the Sky Falling? ]

for NIL ,get used to it

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 2, 2023, 12:08 PM

What the heck are you talking about...we get quality players from all over the nation? Are you still miffed about not hiring Jeff Scott?

Feb 2, 2023, 12:15 PM

I mean our recruiting class this year was strong on the oline and dline. I know you can never have enough good lineman, but in todays world if you don’t play right away you transfer. We should probably be trying to focus on skill positions, secondary and linebackers this upcoming class.

Feb 2, 2023, 12:18 PM

I am seeing a lot of talk here about us losing in the state battle with the coots in recruiting...It simply is not true! Do the coots get more state recruits than us? Usually, but that is because we do not offer many of them.

In 2022, Clemson put out a total of 89 offers, 7 of which were to state recruits...we got all of the state recrutis we offered!!
Of those 7 recruits, 5 of them also had coot offers. Of those 5, we won the battle and got the #1, #3, #4 and #5 state ranked players, all 4 star players (#2 went to ND). They only got 5 players from the state to commit, and all of those were 3 stars or less (13 offers). Absolutely no contest!!

In 2023, we have put out only 5 offers (247 says 6, but Tyler Brown is listed twice) to state recruits, and already have 3 of those. The coots put out 9 offers, but of those offers, the only ones offered by both schools that we have lost are Freeling to GA, and Anderson to the coots. So, as to in state recruiting, head to head, we only lost one recruit that we offered to the coots. In 2023, Clemson offered a total of 104 players, while the coots offered 263 total!

In 2024, we have put out 44 offers, 4 in the state. The coots have offered 168 players, 5 state players. The three highest OTs in the class were offered by both schools, with the coots already getting #1 player (46 national) Pringle. #2 player Thompson (#58 national) is still up for grabs, as is the #7 player (#421 national) Franks. This is still a long way off, and especially for the coots, recruits can change their mind!

Feb 2, 2023, 2:23 PM

Don't confuse them with facts.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 2, 2023, 12:25 PM

We suck they are Bama Jr

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 2, 2023, 12:28 PM

Go announce yourself as a gamecock smh

Feb 2, 2023, 4:24 PM

Like a year or two ago Dabo talked about in state recruiting in a Tuesday or Wednesday media availability. He said that in most cases, kids was already either a Carolina or Clemson kid, and that recruiting them hard didn't pay off bc no matter what, they were already predisposed to one or the other school.

Feb 2, 2023, 4:34 PM

UofSC is not cleaning anyones clock on recruiting...clock cleaning is a graduate level class at UofSC and football players generally do not graduate just gravitate back to the SC State Prison or a better paying job at McDonalds!

Feb 2, 2023, 4:49 PM

Unfortunately, the state of South Carolina does not produce a lot of good D-1 football players annually. I think this years talent is somewhat overrated.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Cleaning our clocks?" What decade...

Feb 2, 2023, 7:31 PM

in the past are you living in with that expression?

Feb 2, 2023, 8:36 PM

I will go with the out-of-state ones we have recruited - Much better quality!

Feb 5, 2023, 8:46 AM

NIL

Feb 5, 2023, 10:34 AM

Yes South Carolina put an NIL package together for Harbor. Just like it was said they got the 5 star basketball player that was committed to UNC by paying him 3 million dollars. How well has that worked out for them? The last I heard South Carolina is behind Clemson in NIL, the difference is they are willing to break the rules by offering select high schoolers money. As far as the offensive linemen, first off o-linemen are such hit or miss that there are only a couple that are sure fire legit starters coming in. Look at Tristan Leigh, he was a 5 star that hasn't seen the field since enrolling. Compare that to Jordan McFadden who was obviously underrated as a 3 star that came in turning heads. That's why when it comes to offensive linemen the only reason to get excited are recruiting rankings bc it may take years before they are ready. Keep in mind that why most on here can't stand that school and believe it to be a joke and they literally are one of the worse Power 5 schools in the history of the sport that some kids do choose to attend them over other schools for a number of reasons. Also keep in mind that Dabo and Clemson run it a bit different and some kids don't want that type of structure and support. There is no denying Clemson has out recruited South Carolina on the o-line and it hasn't been close. Also in the world of NIL I don't consider any commit committed until they sign and even then can you really consider them totally committed. Unfortunately the KJ Henry's and Sheridan Jones' of the world aren't common. I guess what I'm saying is worrying about who other teams get is a waste of your concern, heck the committee Clemson gets is almost a waste of concern the way this sport is trending.

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic