»
Topic: Who knew Gunther from Friends was Clemson Grad & Fan
Replies: 7   Last Post: Oct 26, 2021, 10:51 AM by: Pig®
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your CatCoins™ to grant this post a special award and grant the author bonus CatCoins™!

Love Love Love!
monetization_on 1000
Quality Content
monetization_on 1000
Big Fish
monetization_on 1000
Hmm
monetization_on 1000
Flammable
monetization_on 1000
Caring
monetization_on 1000
Nom Nom Nom
monetization_on 1000
Ooo, Shiny!
monetization_on 1000
Hear ye, hear ye
monetization_on 1000
Cheers
monetization_on 1000
Bravo
monetization_on 500
Grats
monetization_on 1000
Take My Coins
monetization_on 1000
Great Idea!
monetization_on 1000
Nope
monetization_on 1000

YOUR BALANCE
monetization_on
[ Tiger Boards - Clemson Football ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 7  

Who knew Gunther from Friends was Clemson Grad & Fan

[3]
Oct 25, 2021, 3:00 PM

I surely did not.

Sorry to hear that Gunther died at age 59.

This Tiger fan mourns the loss.

2021 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link

In my industry, I get to meet a lot of people....

[2]
Oct 25, 2021, 3:07 PM

and we met at a the NBA convention (National Broadcasters Assoc) back in 2002. He was super outgoing and extroverted. Nothing like the character he played. We talked about CU and his time in SC. Sorry to hear about his passing.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Yea man,

Oct 25, 2021, 4:22 PM

He was out David Letterman at Ball State. Sorta.

2021 white level member flag link

Re: Who knew Gunther from Friends was Clemson Grad & Fan

Oct 25, 2021, 4:56 PM

I didn't know either but read this on line

Rest in peace and God Bless

James Michael Tyler, an actor and T.L. Hanna High School graduate most famous for his role as Gunther on Friends has died of prostate cancer.

Tyler died "peacefully in his home" on Sunday, according to a statement from his longtime manager Toni Benson. The actor starred in 150 "Friends" episodes as Gunther, who carried an unrequited love for Rachel (Jennifer Aniston).

"The world knew him as Gunther, the seventh 'Friend,' but Michael’s loved ones knew him as an actor, musician, cancer-awareness advocate, and loving husband," the statement said.

In a 2004 interview with the Independent Mail, Tyler talked about his acting start in the Upstate.

He moved in with his sister, Linda Tyler Clark, and her husband in Anderson after the death of his parents in 1973.

Tyler attended McCants Middle School, graduated from T.L. Hanna High School, and went to Anderson University for two years before transferring to Clemson University, where he discovered his love of performing arts while earning a degree in geology with a minor in English.

"Back in those days it was the Clemson drama club. At that time, you had to learn to do everything. It wasn't just about being an actor," Tyler said in a 2004 phone interview from his home in Los Angeles. "Chip (Egan, the Clemson Players adviser) came from a real hands-on background and valued a lot of work and practice to make a production good. I was blessed that I had that program."

After graduation, Tyler and a group of fellow actors made a pact and set out to seek their fortune in the wide world of acting.

2021 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link

I did.

Oct 25, 2021, 4:59 PM

Sorry to hear about his passing. :(

Also, one of the character on Ozark is played by a Clemson grad (or attended Clemson).

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm4114414/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cl_t8

Dolf Lundgren also attended Clemson before moving on.

2021 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Me***

Oct 25, 2021, 5:19 PM

2021 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link

Just to show how little I've ever watched Friends, I........

Oct 26, 2021, 9:33 AM

didn't even know who Gunther was.

But I'm sorry a fellow Clemson grad lost his life much too soon.

flag link

Re: Who knew Gunther from Friends was Clemson Grad & Fan

Oct 26, 2021, 10:51 AM

He was in my class at Clemson. I didn't know him, but we both had one thing in common... we both thought Jennifer Aniston was a stone cold fox!!!

2021 white level member flag link

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

Replies: 7  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: ACC Championship
FOR SALE: Eight (8) tickets in Section 517, Row 21. Will sell all or any for $45/ticket OBO...text or call 704...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Tiger Boards - Clemson Football ]
Start New Topic
1299 people have read this post