GIVE AN AWARD
Use your CatCoins™ to grant this post a special award and grant the author bonus CatCoins™!

YOUR BALANCE
monetization_on
Whipple to Nebraska?
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic
Replies: 4  

Whipple to Nebraska?

Dec 9, 2021, 7:49 AM

Well that stinks

https://www.si.com/college/2021/12/08/mark-whipple-hired-nebraska-football-offensive-coordinator-pitt

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link

Yes.***

Dec 9, 2021, 8:17 AM

2022 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link

From here, that seems like a truly bizarre decision

Dec 9, 2021, 11:54 AM

Frost is on his final chance at Nebraska. If they do poorly again next year, he and the rest of the staff is out.

On the other hand, Pitt just won an ACC Championship. Whipple did a great job, and the job security seemingly couldn't be higher.

I can't really see anything in his past job history that would draw him to Nebraska, so this is a strange one.

flag link

Re: From here, that seems like a truly bizarre decision

Dec 9, 2021, 12:12 PM

Maybe it is because I watch Fox’s alternative to ESPN’s Game Day AND I live in BIG country. But while the wins have not come, Frost’s team is showing a lot of promise and they lost a lot of close games. Hence why he was not fired BUT contract was restructured. So I do agree that there is s big risk if they take a step back that Frost will be gone.

One thing Nebraska does have going for it unlike Pitt is the fan support and the $$$$.

I admit that the FOX/BIG propaganda has influenced me but evidently Whipple is also seeing a program that is close to being very competitive.

2022 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link

Would serve Pat Nozzleducci exactly right.

Dec 9, 2021, 12:04 PM

:)

2022 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link

Replies: 4  
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic
779 people have read this post