Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Whipple to Nebraska?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1,177

Whipple to Nebraska?

Dec 9, 2021, 7:49 AM

Well that stinks

https://www.si.com/college/2021/12/08/mark-whipple-hired-nebraska-football-offensive-coordinator-pitt

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes.***

Dec 9, 2021, 8:17 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

From here, that seems like a truly bizarre decision

Dec 9, 2021, 11:54 AM

Frost is on his final chance at Nebraska. If they do poorly again next year, he and the rest of the staff is out.

On the other hand, Pitt just won an ACC Championship. Whipple did a great job, and the job security seemingly couldn't be higher.

I can't really see anything in his past job history that would draw him to Nebraska, so this is a strange one.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: From here, that seems like a truly bizarre decision

Dec 9, 2021, 12:12 PM

Maybe it is because I watch Fox’s alternative to ESPN’s Game Day AND I live in BIG country. But while the wins have not come, Frost’s team is showing a lot of promise and they lost a lot of close games. Hence why he was not fired BUT contract was restructured. So I do agree that there is s big risk if they take a step back that Frost will be gone.

One thing Nebraska does have going for it unlike Pitt is the fan support and the $$$$.

I admit that the FOX/BIG propaganda has influenced me but evidently Whipple is also seeing a program that is close to being very competitive.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Would serve Pat Nozzleducci exactly right.

Dec 9, 2021, 12:04 PM

:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 1,177
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic