Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
When the 1st real ranking (CFP) comes out in a couple weeks
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1,121

When the 1st real ranking (CFP) comes out in a couple weeks

Oct 17, 2021, 8:45 PM

they will probably have Cincinnati down around 5th or 6th, if Bama, OhSt and OK keep winning. They'll cite their schedule and "eye test"!

The CFP will be working overtime to figure out how to keep Cincy out of the playoff. They better keep winning big to have a chance, and hope that Notre Dame keeps winning too.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: When the 1st real ranking (CFP) comes out in a couple weeks

Oct 17, 2021, 8:46 PM

works for me

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I said it before and I'll say it again. The Powers That Be

Oct 17, 2021, 8:58 PM

in the CFP are NEVER, I repeat NEVER going to let a Group of Five team crash their party. Now, they will also NEVER EVER tell you that this is the case. As you said, they will cite weak strength of schedule, or some new made up metric to justify keeping the top Group of Five team out. And it should be even easier with Cincy, because they truly do have a very weak schedule.

Now, that being said, I hope that the CFP doesn't even bother with the charade of putting Cincy into the Top 4 at any point in their rankings. They are just inviting media trouble if they do.

We don't want another fiasco like we had several years ago where TCU got jumped in the very last ranking, even though they had won convincingly. They conveniently got bumped down to 5 or 6, just enough to miss the playoffs.

Message was edited by: 76er®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: When the 1st real ranking (CFP) comes out in a couple weeks

Oct 17, 2021, 9:14 PM

No kidding. With the Evil Sadists Pervert Network pulling the financial strings, the College Football Puppets committee will use the standard SOS argument to relegate the non-P5 schools to duking it out with each other in the garbage bowls.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cincy should also hope UGA beats Bama in their CCG***

Oct 18, 2021, 8:17 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 1,121
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic