Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What a difference a day makes!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

What a difference a day makes!

May 30, 2023, 6:43 AM

I am sure having 2 grandkids over to swim helped and a beautiful sunrise over the lake too this morning instead of the fog all morning yesterday. And when my head hit the pillow last night one of the names I had tried so hard to remember the night before immediately popped into my head without me even trying to remember, He was the guy fro Idaho we called "Tunnel" because he was always ready to crawl down into a VC tunnel holding his .45 pistol. He did that because guys could take home any non-automatic weapon ( pistol or rifle - not those of mass destruction fame)that they found. He is also the one who got 3 Purple Hearts and got to go home early . Hardly shed a drop of blood as the flesh wounds worked their way down from his head (piece of bullet fragment just under his scalp after hitting a rock first), 2nd in his hip after passing through the floor of a chopper where he was sitting with his legs hanging out the door of course, and the 3rd bullet barely penetrating his knee after hitting the floor of a Chinook helicopter. I had already remembered the name of a guy called "Apple" who was a somewhat awkward 6'5" or 6'6" guy who had barely stayed under the Army's height limit for being drafted. He was from Skeeta56's neck of the woods in NC. Don't know exactly why he was called Apple, but I think he was considered a Johnny Appleseed type of country boy by the guys from up North. Anyway.... slept well and woke up 5 minutes before my alarm for work and ready for a good day.

Message was edited by: clover65®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What a difference a day makes!

May 30, 2023, 7:30 AM

One day at a time. And here’s to hoping that there are more good ones than not so good ones.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 30, 2023, 10:04 AM

Thanks!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 30, 2023, 10:07 AM [ in reply to Re: What a difference a day makes! ]

Good points Rhett!!!

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who put the "L" in BrowneLL

The Good Always Seems So Much Sweeter After The Painful***

May 30, 2023, 7:32 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 30, 2023, 10:07 AM

Great post again and thanks for sharing!!

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who put the "L" in BrowneLL

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic