»
Topic: We’ve been talking about lack of leadership for awhile.
Replies: 6   Last Post: Oct 25, 2021, 2:08 PM by: striperfan
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your CatCoins™ to grant this post a special award and grant the author bonus CatCoins™!

YOUR BALANCE
monetization_on
[ Tiger Boards - Clemson Football ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 6  

We’ve been talking about lack of leadership for awhile.

[3]
Oct 25, 2021, 1:04 PM

https://twitter.com/AnnaH247/status/1452680554936213515?s=20

flag link

Exactly what I've believed. Normally, that should be

[4]
Oct 25, 2021, 1:06 PM

the role of the QB.

2021 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link

Re: Exactly what I've believed. Normally, that should be

[2]
Oct 25, 2021, 1:11 PM

The QB is always the voice of the offense because he directs the plays and makes adjustments on the field.

I would say that offenses are rarely successful if a 1st year starting QB has to be the emotional leader of the offense unless that guy is a 4th or 5th year player that has been a part of the locker room for a long time.

1st year QBs are busy trying to learn defenses and coverages and make sure they are communicating well on checks and play changes. It's tough for them to also take the role of vocal leader and focus on not only their job but also the job of everyone around them.

That's why it is such a huge factor for a team like Pitt to have Pickett because he is comfortable enough with what he knows to make sure everyone else around him is taken care of as well.

Veteran players who have "been there and done that" are the guys that players will look to when things are tough to guide them.

There aren't many options of veteran players this season on offense for the Tigers, but the ones we have have dropped the ball in a big big way.

flag link

Good! We need someone who chews nails

[3]
Oct 25, 2021, 1:07 PM

tough place for a true freshman though. But if no one else will step up, go for it young man

flag link

Yep, someone needs to grab the bull by the horns

[1]
Oct 25, 2021, 1:11 PM

and quit eating for anyone else to step up.

flag link

This is a leadership shot-arcross-the-bow

[1]
Oct 25, 2021, 2:01 PM

Here's what this says without saying it:

DJ, Bockhorst, Ross: As upper class-men, your leadership is crap. If you won't do it, I will.

flag link

DJ is a sophomore, Bock is done for the year

Oct 25, 2021, 2:08 PM

Ross needs to lead by example first. His play has been mediocre all year

flag link

Replies: 6  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: ACC Championship
FOR SALE: 3 tickets on 30 yd line. Atlantic/Wake Forest Section 516, Row 7. Great view of field. $55/ticket. N...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Tiger Boards - Clemson Football ]
Start New Topic
746 people have read this post