Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Well
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

Well

Jul 31, 2021, 10:10 AM

Clemson has what some might call momentum on the recruiting trail right now. Landing Sabb, Everette, Lukus, and Kanak in a matter of weeks would qualify as momentum. I would say that Clemson's performance at the Cookout signified that as well. Clemson well positioned themselves for guys like Greene and Shaw, two guys who will not decide for quite sometime in the cycle, but Clemson is going to be there in the end for both of them. I would be surprised if Clemson does not land Greene and again they will be right there with Shaw the whole way. However, I did want to talk about some momentum that Clemson may have just picked up with another prospect at the Cookout.

-TE Oscar Delp has been considered a strong UGA lean for quite sometime, U of SC has blurred the picture a bit for UGA through Beamer making Delp feel like a priority and the family's connections to the university through Delp's mother. I think Clemson most likely was running a distant 3rd going into the Cookout and it had a lot of work left to do. I have spoken with several people after the visit and the feeling is that there is a little more confidence on Clemson's end of things. I am not saying Clemson leads because they could still well be running third, but to think Clemson did not close the gap would be a mistake from the other two teams. Like one person said to me if Clemson beats UGA in the opener then this thing is on. Again I still would favor UGA landing Delp right now; however, it does add just another layer to the opener in Charlotte.

-Hope y'all have a great weekend!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well

Jul 31, 2021, 10:30 AM

Do you think anyone else commits before the season starts? And have you heard anything else about a 2nd QB take in this class. I think I read somewhere we had been kicking the tires on a 3 star from Ohio or somewhere middle of the country like that

Jul 31, 2021, 10:48 AM

That is hard to say right now but I will say no, at least for this class. There was a guy for next years class who, if he made a return visit this July, I think could have popped but he did not so I will say no, but I would not rule out maybe someone going a little faster than I think they will. I do not think Clemson takes another QB, I think that could be a case of the kid recruiting Clemson and not vice versa, but if someone transfers maybe they do.

Jul 31, 2021, 11:38 AM

Thoughts on Hero Kanu? Or is Shaw the only one we take. Tia.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 31, 2021, 11:54 AM

I think Kanu ends up at OSU right now. Does Clemson get an official maybe but OSU leads here. I will say if Clemson lands Shaw I think they only take 1 DT and will take 3 next class potentially.

Jul 31, 2021, 1:14 PM

Thank you for the response. Didn't remember we were only planning to take one.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 31, 2021, 11:38 AM

Is Clemson recruiting Enai White any more since Alexander chose bama?

Jul 31, 2021, 11:48 AM

Man, you are quite focused on this kid, like your whole post history, ??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 31, 2021, 7:18 PM

Note to self…..do not ask recruiting questions concerning recruits with Clemson offers lest I be accused of being a coot……

Jul 31, 2021, 8:58 PM

Comprehension counts.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 31, 2021, 11:56 AM [ in reply to Re: Well ]

He said he was releasing a top 4 soon. I would bet OSU, UGA, Bama, and A&M make it. So no I don’t think Clemson gets white.

Jul 31, 2021, 12:01 PM

This will be devastating to DJ.

Jul 31, 2021, 1:45 PM

Im catching on. You must be the board monitor. Yes i have been wondering so therefore i asked on a Clemson fan board. You could have just commented and said you dont know or not reply at all. Ill try to post some more on the board to cater to your interest.??

Jul 31, 2021, 2:31 PM

I knew you would be devastated. No, not a monitor. Just attuned to cootish posts. Likewise, you could have just researched a recruiting site vs asking on a Clemson board about a player not even on our radar. HTH.

Jul 31, 2021, 3:18 PM

How exactly is him/her asking about a recruit "Cootish"

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 31, 2021, 3:26 PM

The context is in the reply.

Jul 31, 2021, 5:17 PM

To interject, how is White not on Clemson’s radar? He was offered and I heard Clemson is kind of stingy with those.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 31, 2021, 5:22 PM

Not untrue, but with all due respect, he has not been what the experts call a “priority get” nor have their been copious articles and threads about his recruitment as there have been about others. That’s my point.

Jul 31, 2021, 5:29 PM

Yes his recruitment has been quiet but as the number 3 edge rusher I would think there would be interest. The interest on his part is still “warm” per 247 as opposed to Jackson who has either lost interest or the coaches have backed off from. So it kinda looks like if Clemson takes a second DE it would be White or Wesolak (though he seems to be trending towards USC).

Jul 31, 2021, 5:35 PM

100% why we offered though not being a must get based on position.

Jul 31, 2021, 5:43 PM

How many Clemson takes at DE is definitely a question. Tigers are stacked right now but have the possibility of quite a few departures depending on performance. I also just saw the little tidbit on Benji Gosnell, the decommit from OSU. If true, that thickens the plot.

Jul 31, 2021, 5:50 PM

Yea, that was pretty interesting on Gosnell if true. BV likes that road dog mentality and may be licking his chops.

Not included in his final 4…

Jul 31, 2021, 7:20 PM [ in reply to Re: Well ]

https://twitter.com/younggbenji0/status/1421595055333289985?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Re: Not included in his final 4…

Aug 1, 2021, 4:28 AM

Well, that narrows it down.

Jul 31, 2021, 1:28 PM

Thanks for the updates.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 31, 2021, 5:23 PM

Speaking of receivers, any prognostications on Brennan Thompson? Seems we were hot, then Texas, but has been quiet for a while. Thanks again for all the information.

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic