GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNETs™ to grant this post a special award and grant the author bonus TNETs™!

YOUR BALANCE
monetization_on
Weekend Wrap on the Links . . .
Tiger Boards - Clemson Pros
add New Topic
Topics: Previous | Next
Replies: 11  

Weekend Wrap on the Links . . .

emoji_events [14]
Aug 7, 2022, 8:27 PM

Kudos to all involved . . . at least they moved in the right direction . . .

Up in Greensboro @ the Wyndham Charity Championship, Doc’s -6 today moved him up into a T-21st Place!!!
(Doc earned $73,608.33)
(Lucas earned $16,863.00)
(Jonathan earned $14,600.00)

On the KF Tour, @ the Utah Championship Jacob and Sam both shot -5s today . . . Jacob ended up in a T-30th Place!!!

2022 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link

On the Amateur Circuit . . .

emoji_events [9]
Aug 7, 2022, 8:32 PM

Annabelle struggled today, but ended up T-42nd Place in the Epson Tour Event in Indiana . . . not bad at all in her first Professional Event (playing as an amateur)!!!

@ the 91st SCGA Amateur Championship, Austin Scott ended up T-13th Place!!!

Re: On the Amateur Circuit . . .

emoji_events [6]
Aug 7, 2022, 10:41 PM

Thank you @Skeeta56 !!!!

2022 orange level member flag link

Re: Weekend Wrap on the Links . . .

emoji_events [6]
Aug 7, 2022, 8:57 PM

Two more birdies or 2 less bogeys by Doc this week would have put him in the Top 125 so he could have kept his card. He can get it through the Korn Ferry Finals now starting in 2 weeks, same with J Bird and Ben.

flag link

emoji_events [5]
Aug 7, 2022, 10:41 PM

Was one provisional drive and he bogeys or perhaps pars the day 1 par 5 instead of the triple. That said, he rolled in and made some good saving par putts.

Missing 5 cuts in a row in the spring didn't help either. He'll be back. Hopefully this will be the Dabo adversity he needs to up his game to next level.

emoji_events [5]
Aug 7, 2022, 10:42 PM

Good deal! Doc and Jonathan will have Category 32 to fall back on next season, should they not finish in the Top 25 of the KFT Finals. Ben may as well, but I'm not really sure what is going to happen there. He has finished the season ranked 151, which puts him one spot out of the 126 to 150 range needed for Category 32. However, Bubba Watson is ranked one spot ahead of him at 150. Now that it has been announced that Bubba will join LIV later in the year, I'm wondering if he will be removed from the rankings, allowing Ben to sneak into that 150 spot. Hopefully, we find out soon. At a minimum, I guess we'll find out prior to the Fortinet Championship that kicks off the next season.

flag link

[4]
Aug 7, 2022, 10:50 PM

Oops. I forgot about today's win inserting Tom Kim into the rankings. That pushes Ben to 152. So, I guess even if Bubba is removed, that doesn't put Ben into the Top 150. :( Oh well, fingers crossed that he, Doc, Jonathan, Carson, and possibly Sam, all have a good KFT Finals.

flag link

[2]
Aug 8, 2022, 1:21 PM

Looks like Sam is 76th currently in the KFT rankings. Needs a good finish this week to jump into the top 75, and get into the KFT Finals. https://www.pgatour.com/korn-ferry-tour/stats/stat.02668.html Has this been updated to include this past weekend?

[2]
Aug 8, 2022, 9:19 AM

Thank you as always, Skeeta.

I see the previous comments here mention Bubba leaving and if that will move Ben's status up one slot. I think there will be a handful of top-50 players leave after the season for LIV. I'm curious if that will move everyone up. If more than 3 people that are currently top 125 in FedEx Cup standings leave, would that move Doc up the board and get him a card for next season? Obviously the PGA Tour won't take a stance on this until it happens.

flag link

[2]
Aug 8, 2022, 1:26 PM

This shows Doc as 140: https://www.pgatour.com/fedexcup/official-standings.html
Would need a lot of people to leave to jump into the 125, and won't know that until after the Korn Ferry finals.

That said, a few top 125 guys that went to lIV are still listed here... Wolff, Ancer, Ortiz, Brooks, and probably a few more that I missed in my quick scan. I assume they've removed the guys who resigned from the tour, but are still showing the ones that haven't? Anyone have a FedEx Points list that doesn't include the current LIV guys?

[2]
Aug 8, 2022, 3:39 PM

Here you go...https://www.golfdigest.com/story/2021-2022-pga-tour-fedex-cup-points-list-standings

So Doc is really at 129 after Tom Kim's win this weekend. I wouldn't be surprised if 5+ names leave for LIV after they collect their PGA Playoff checks. Still don't know if that would make any impact on these guys status that are just off the bubble, so it may not matter.

flag link

[1]
Aug 9, 2022, 2:23 PM

You would think that it would as the current 128/129 indicates because that is a rank based off the guys who have left.

As for the KFT, Sam, as stated above needs a great week. He actually dropped 2 spots with a decent tournament this past week. Jacob had a good week too but unfortunately it only moved him up one spot. He'll need a top 3 or a couple top 5's to have a chance... Or hopefully a W.

Would have bet the house he'd have secured a top 75 by now like Coody has. Good sign this past tournament according to stats, Jacob drove better.

Replies: 11  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Syracuse
FOR SALE: 2 Tickets in the LOWER LEVEL about the 45 yard line. These seats are under the overhang so if it rai...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

Tiger Boards - Clemson Pros
add New Topic
Topics: Previous | Next
994 people have read this post