»
Topic: We FINALLY got to see some utilization of the Tight End
Replies: 13   Last Post: Oct 16, 2021, 12:02 PM by: PACIFIC BEACH TIGER®
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your CatCoins™ to grant this post a special award and grant the author bonus CatCoins™!

YOUR BALANCE
monetization_on
[ Tiger Boards - Clemson Football ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 13  

We FINALLY got to see some utilization of the Tight End

emoji_events [6]
Oct 16, 2021, 10:47 AM

Everyone on Tigernet has been yelling all year that we are not utilizing the TE talent. We got to see a glimpse of it last night, even if it was mostly 5 yard dinks & dunks. The catch he made on the fake punt was outstanding. I sure would love to see the TE running loose down the middle of the field but I doubt we will this year. Elliott seems to think the middle of the field has been covered with land mines or something.......meanwhile teams like Ole Miss, Bama, Oregon run crossing routes on virtually every pass play. Hard to figure out what is going on inside the head of the Engineer.

flag link

Re: We FINALLY got to see some utilization of the Tight End

[1]
Oct 16, 2021, 10:56 AM

It was nice to see some TE passes after remembering what Leggett used to do for us. Not sure why we haven’t done it before now but I like it. Idk why Elliott doesn’t like to go across the middle with a TE drag or or some seam routes. Maybe it’s DJ’s tendency to stare down receivers…going to get a pick or a TE killed out there.

2021 orange level member flag link

[1]
Oct 16, 2021, 10:58 AM

They should try utilizing the TE over the middle some more.

flag link

Right, but some on Tnet say that those clamoring for...

Oct 16, 2021, 11:02 AM

....more utilization of tight end and other suggestions don't know anything and should shut up. So we see now that TE reads Tnet and thanks all for that suggestion. But when will TE make a donation to Tnet?

2021 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link

Re: Right, but some on Tnet say that those clamoring for...

Oct 16, 2021, 11:06 AM

I don’t think anyone saying that should shut up. I think the people saying TE sucks and needs to go back to Michelin for not using the tight-end are the ones that need to shut up…or at least say things differently.

2021 orange level member flag link

[2]
Oct 16, 2021, 11:09 AM

TE’s use of the Tight Ends was a pathetic display of too little too late. He only woke up and used the TE’s because he lost those two highly touted TE recruits and FINALLY realized if he wants to get good TE recruits, he needs to use them in games. That man is totally reactionary. He has no strategic vision of how this offense should operate.

flag link

[2]
Oct 16, 2021, 11:26 AM

Well said!! The one yard passes to the TE were so effective!!! NOT!!! Meanwhile the middle crossing patterns are open all night!!

flag link

[3]
Oct 16, 2021, 11:23 AM

I was scared they'd review that catch, because I was pretty sure his foot hit OB before his body fell on the ground in bounds.

2021 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link

Oct 16, 2021, 11:59 AM

Agree. It almost looked like contact with the defender pushed his foot towards the sideline. I, too, was waiting for the replay booth to buzz down...

2021 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link

[2]
Oct 16, 2021, 11:35 AM

Some people are naturally creative and some people are naturally technicians. Tony Elliot is waaay over on the technical end of the spectrum. I think Jeff Scott handled all the offensive creativity when they were co-coordinators. Dabo needs to get Tony some help or find someone who can handle both sides of the coordinator's job. This ain't working.

flag link

We've never used the middle of the field much under

[1]
Oct 16, 2021, 11:37 AM

this offensive staff.

2021 white level member flag link

yet the offensive output didn't change......

[1]
Oct 16, 2021, 11:48 AM

we can nit-pick all we want about who should play better and who we should utilize more. It's not a "small picture problem"..........you have to look at the big picture fixes for answers and unfortunately "big picture" fixes can't and won't be done this year.

flag link

Well for one thing, this OL can't pass block

Oct 16, 2021, 12:02 PM

DJ has 2 seconds to unload it.

2021 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link

Keep it up. Allen was a weapon!***

[2]
Oct 16, 2021, 12:01 PM

flag link

Replies: 13  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: ACC Championship
FOR SALE: 3 tickets on 30 yd line. Atlantic/Wake Forest Section 516, Row 7. Great view of field. $55/ticket. N...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Tiger Boards - Clemson Football ]
Start New Topic
632 people have read this post