Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
We crashed their party. The old blue bloods
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

We crashed their party. The old blue bloods

Nov 28, 2021, 4:53 PM

Hated it. Through old wins and tradition they passed themselves off as the elite of college football. The media moguls like eSECpn were all in it. How dare a team from the ACC do that! But what could they do? The new 4 team playoff exposed their myth. Clemson exposed their myth. So, when Clemson has an off season they closed ranks to snub the Tigers and do everything they could to hide them. The Tigers were done as a dynasty with just 2 losses. Then we fought back. Improved. But at 9-3 we have to keep them down. 9-3 SEC teams are much better, right? Cincinnati trying to crash the system too? No, we'll just put 2 SEC teams in even though they don't deserve it. Even if Clemson wins 10 this year there's no way they can crash us again in the years to come right? Come on Paul save us! And all the blue bloods breathed a sigh of relief and looked around and wondered who would be in the playoff that was worthy of them. End of story...

Go Tigers!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We crashed their party. The old blue bloods

Nov 28, 2021, 5:04 PM

I bet you think that no one likes you at work. They eat your lunch. They put whoopee cushions in your chair. Even your spouse short-sheets your bed. Boo-hoo. It's so unfair!

Grow up. It's OK to be dismissed. Given our conference context, if we lose two, dropping out of the polls is warranted.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

SEC teams get away with it every year.

Nov 28, 2021, 5:12 PM

They constantly over rank or over value their worth. I argue we would beat 5 or 6 of the teams above us right now no matter what conference. Another 3-4 teams it would be a toss up.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 28, 2021, 5:10 PM

Huh???

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 28, 2021, 6:25 PM

That's the magic of the SEC. Big Stadiums and loud obnoxious fan bases in some people's minds means - better football team!
It's just a collapse due to having obscene pressure to talk about and promote certain schools non-stop! ACC schools and fan bases are so obnoxious as to carry on like fools if our team isn't talked about enough. Over the years it seems that the industry leader - has really given in to the pressure and anointed certain conferences "GREAT"!
To me this is done primarily by way of "the passion meter"! Which fan base is the most rabid, loud and obnoxious and we will cover and talk about them more! This translates to that football team being over-ranked and over-valued in terms of being an opponent. It's disgusting really!

Nobody is going to mention Pitt beating an SEC school from the lowly ACC for exhibit A. 41-34 win in SEC country(Knoxville).

Georgia may very well go on to win the championship this season, but that would be because they are a good team. Not the whole of the SEC - which won't be the narrative unfortunately for those soft-headed groupies of the conference. The claiming and latching on that goes on if a SEC team wins the National Title is crazy. I don't recall Duke, GT, BC or Wake claiming Clemson after our Championships for example.
It's backward and crazy folk pushing that SEC narrative - again not to take away from good football teams! When they are good they are good but that's not exclusive to the SEC or Big 10.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic