Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Watching Pitt-VT
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

Watching Pitt-VT

Oct 21, 2021, 11:31 AM

Pitt runs a lot of WR screens, multiple formations, power runs with pulling linemen, and Pickett moves ok. Their WR's do a good job of blocking on those screens. I think we can slow them down some, but we'll need to be disciplined. I think they'll work horizontally first to go vertical later.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Watching Pitt-VT

Oct 21, 2021, 11:33 AM

Honestly, Pitt went horizontal against VT because of the 20-mph swirling winds. It was not their typical M.O.

In the other 5 games, Pitt was very vertical.

The reason

Oct 21, 2021, 11:42 AM

I believe they'll work horizontally first is to slow our DE rush. Make them chase the screens first

Re: The reason

Oct 21, 2021, 11:45 AM

I believe they'll work horizontally first is to slow our DE rush. Make them chase the screens first

Fair enough. You may be right. I'm just saying that you can't go by the VT game as to Pitt's M.O. Weather conditions dictated that more than anything.

Oct 21, 2021, 11:36 AM

Oct 21, 2021, 11:41 AM

They are probably the most experienced team we will play and we will have to play our best game this year to win but we can do it. Tigers 17-14.

Again, we will need to score. Have we figured that

Oct 21, 2021, 11:54 AM

Out will be the key to a win. We have good enough players to win. They just haven’t been engaged and on the same page as the qb or offensive coordinator. If that clicks, just a little bit we will win. If we still are timid and dropping balls and or turn it over more than them then we will probably lose this one. Pitt averages 54 points a game. I figure they’ll get about a third or half of that average. Can we beat that? Means we gotta score points once every 3 possessions.

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic