Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Want new OC at Clemson?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Want new OC at Clemson?

Oct 27, 2021, 1:55 PM

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/college-football/ranking-the-top-25-offensive-coordinators-in-college-football-for-2021/

We have the #2 rated dude.

Should we step down for Wake's OC?

Asking for a host of friends.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wow. Just imagine

Oct 27, 2021, 2:03 PM

if we didn’t have the #2 OC, we might be ranked #120 in total offense instead of #117!
Man, that would suck.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: Want new OC at Clemson?

Oct 27, 2021, 2:07 PM

I support Dabo and TE and the entire staff totally but in fairness - when this article was written the Tigers were ranked the #3 team in the country too….

TE may have dropped in this type of poll by now but I agree with your point - who can we get that has a better track record??? I believe he has earned a little more time before the hammer falls.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 27, 2021, 2:09 PM

Some random blogger has Elliot ranked 2, therefore, it must be true.

3 month old list...well before season started***

Oct 27, 2021, 2:16 PM

Well that was back when he was good lol***

Oct 28, 2021, 10:59 PM

Oct 27, 2021, 3:01 PM

Most likely scenario: Jim Caldwell will quietly retire soon and someone new will be eased in as our new offensive coordinator, and most likely a Clemson lineman from our not too recent past.

Oct 27, 2021, 3:59 PM

Robbie Caldwell?

um... this was written before the season.... just saying***

Oct 27, 2021, 4:07 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Oct 27, 2021, 4:52 PM

That list didn’t age well.

Oct 28, 2021, 8:46 AM

This is really weird. You post some random blog article by a game named "Les East" (truly the guru of football), and take it as the word of God. Meanwhile, we can see the offense Elliott puts on the field every week. We also have former NFL personnel mocking our offense as archaic. And we do know that no major program (who would know much more about football than this Les guy) has even given him a glance as a coach, but have hired other offensive coordinators. Could it be that the guy doesn't know what he's talking about?

Oct 28, 2021, 10:52 PM

I never said this this article was the truth. I was merely posting a recent article - from this year - from 3 months ago. I threw it out for your consumption. Compare and contrast the list with various postings on Tigernet regarding Coach TE. And for those think we need a new OC, which list should we choose from? Can we trust any list?

I'm embarrassed that I had to explain the irony .... to anyone. I thought it would be evident.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 28, 2021, 1:35 PM

Les East covers LSU/Nola region... I think that says all we need to know about his opinion.

Anyone ranking Elliott needs to remember he was co-OC before 2020 and only responsible for 50% of OC calls. There's a reason Scott got the call and Elliott didn't. And the 2020 performance is the only credible look on an Elliott-only run program.

Sometimes guys get in over their heads, leave one pile on the desk less touched to build into issues. I honestly think this time management is one of Elliott's weaknesses as OC. And if his plate is too full it's Dabo's fault for not seeing that issue.

When an offense looks as messy as this one... it can be traced back to OC, Asst Coaches, Players. No one is claiming these boys aren't talented. But honestly the coaching isn't getting them in the mental state to play like years past. And that's the OC's job to run herd on those under him to make sure things get done.

Oct 28, 2021, 10:40 PM

Rich Rod? Bobo?
I think an idiot compiled the list.

Oct 28, 2021, 11:06 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic