Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Vic Burley
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 39
| visibility 1

Vic Burley

Jun 13, 2022, 3:13 PM

I know everyone gets excited about Crystal Balls, and I see where people are "hoping" Clemson nabs Vic Burley Wednesday. Well here is what you need to know....

Saturday, Vic Burley canceled his visit to Georgia. And as I am walking in to the facility, I see Nick Eason drive up with Burley on his golf cart. And Burley was in a Clemson shirt. He manned the golf cart while camp went on, and had what looked like a great time.

Kinda tells you all you need to know, right? Maybe I need to start doing something similar to a crystal ball. Not sure what. Anyone ever used the term Dundies? (Yes, I like The Office). Here are the pics of ole Vic

badge-seniorwriter.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm not picking up what you're trying tp lay down here

Jun 13, 2022, 3:15 PM

can you be more clearer?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^ Ugh...

Jun 13, 2022, 3:17 PM

I wish I could type faster.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: Vic Burley

Jun 13, 2022, 3:16 PM

Reading that he canceled his visit to Georgia made my day. This dude will be a huge commit!

Jun 13, 2022, 5:24 PM

But I thought Kirby is the future?

Thank you for the clues...

but I still have no idea what is going on. Can you give me another hint?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Right? Talk about a bunch of clickbait***

Here’s a clue Tickletits, urine

Jun 13, 2022, 9:56 PM

Idiot coot!!!! ; )

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hoo TF are you?

Jun 14, 2022, 9:03 AM

Be gone minion.

DUNDY Awards..

Jun 13, 2022, 3:18 PM [ in reply to Thank you for the clues... ]

Michael & Dwight can take care of this for you David.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Thank you for the clues...

Jun 13, 2022, 3:29 PM [ in reply to Thank you for the clues... ]

We gave him a golf cart?

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

part of his NIL. That was the kicker.***

Jun 13, 2022, 3:30 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: part of his NIL. That was the kicker.***

Jun 13, 2022, 3:34 PM

That 'splains it--sort of what I thought.

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Re: part of his NIL. That was the kicker.***

Jun 13, 2022, 7:34 PM [ in reply to part of his NIL. That was the kicker.*** ]

Kicker?? I thought he was a DL???

^^^stocker***

Jun 13, 2022, 3:22 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

David, have you seen him work out?

Jun 13, 2022, 3:23 PM

If so, does he look like he could play TE for us?

I know he's a great rusher, but he's also a tremendous athlete and has played some TE in HS. If he's agile enough, he could really help out on offense at the point of attack.

We should be OK with interior D-linemen, so if there's one of these big boys who is athletic enough to play TE, I'd sure like to see it happen.

Thinking about the possibility of another TE in the mold of Dwayne Allen. This guy is tall enough, strong enough, mean enough and blocks well, but can he catch and does he have the needed speed?

Re: David, have you seen him work out?

Jun 13, 2022, 3:33 PM

He looks like he COULD. But he's already close to 280, and when he gets here he is going to have to concentrate on DE/DT because Clemson is going to be thin there next year.

badge-seniorwriter.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 13, 2022, 3:36 PM

Thanks!

He could always be . . .

Jun 14, 2022, 12:17 AM

part of the Goal Line Jumbo Package . . .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 13, 2022, 4:11 PM [ in reply to David, have you seen him work out? ]

With everything you said, and what you would like to see, don't forget this fact, and it still holds true today even with the pass happy version of college FB, Defenses still can, and most of the time will win a championship. And I would much rather have this kid rushing one of those pass happy QB's, than to see him playing TE, when a TE may touch the ball once or twice a game!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 13, 2022, 5:50 PM

I love good defense and think it's necessary to have a winning team..... BUT - when you want to completely dominate other teams, it also requires a good offense.

By "good offense", I mean your offense has to control the ball for long drives and stick the dagger into the other team's heart. In order to do that, you either have to have a passing game that allows a nearly unstoppable passing game (unlikely) or a running game that can't be stopped for a 1st down within 4 plays.... better yet, a combination of a running game and a passing game with a good defense is the ultimate goal in football.

IMO, the ultimate spread (or single-wing) offense includes a TE who can block at the point-of-attack and work the secondary for completions in the passing game. When the defense doesn't know what the TE is going to do, it freezes them at the OLB and S positions, which opens up opportunities for either the TE, RB or WRs..... even the QB on reads and sprint-outs.

Jun 13, 2022, 3:26 PM

Its a little disappointing that Nick does not have a golf cart with more "swag"!

Thanks for the good news!

Took the words right out of my mouth.

Jun 13, 2022, 3:43 PM

Yikes. That's one ugly golf cart.

All of them need to be orange with the bells and whistles.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Took the words right out of my mouth.

Jun 13, 2022, 7:14 PM

Those carts need some Chick-fil-a stickers on 'em! Rubbin' is racing!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 13, 2022, 3:27 PM

Excellent!! Thanks, David!

--Henry David Thoreau

Is he getting a bump or is this a typo

Jun 13, 2022, 3:27 PM

https://247sports.com/Article/Vic-Burley-commitment-top-schools-recruiting-Clemson-Georgia-Michigan-State-Tennessee-188707888/

According to this article from 3 hours ago, detailing his scheduled commitment they say #4 DL and #22 overall. In the top 100 list he is at #40. Is an update looming that will bring an 18 spot jump and a 5th star? Either way, stealing the #2 player out from under Kirby's nose would be awesome.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree he'll be a 5*

Jun 13, 2022, 4:04 PM

He's already a grown #### man... Looks to me like he's a senior in college instead of HS.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 13, 2022, 4:02 PM

I understand what you're saying, or where you coming from, but, as we've always been told about how a picture says a thousand words, I don't believe that holds true in recruiting 17, 18, 19 year old young men bc we've all seen those pictures that says a young recruit is solid, locked in to a certain FB program, and when they play those committing game in front of the reporters, coaches, and even family members, a left hook, and a right upper cut will come out of no where, and they will throw the cap back down of the school that everybody believed they were about to commit to. The best one of those I ever seen though, was the one that coot cornhole grab his mic up and left the scene where a recruit flipped to Clemson, and cornhole was sure he was a coot commit!!!

So with recruiting of Young men, what you see painted out in the open, there are times that it's not what you see when the portrait has been framed!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DHSteele - we are used to your pixs having a lot more

Jun 13, 2022, 4:10 PM

trees & shrubbery in them . . . .

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Re: DHSteele - we are used to your pixs having a lot more

Jun 13, 2022, 4:48 PM

Good news.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 13, 2022, 4:59 PM

Great news, thanks for the info David.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"A Look Under the Hood"?

Jun 13, 2022, 5:41 PM

Maybe that won't go over too well.

AWSOME!***

Jun 13, 2022, 5:49 PM

Re: Vic Burley = Clemson (hoping) / UGA = only RB signees

Jun 13, 2022, 5:49 PM

Panting and drooling at the prospect of Vic Burley being a Tiger, Mr. Hood.

But it all makes sense ... the Great Kirby is saving his 55 scholarship spots for RBs.

UGA had only signed a dozen or so RBs last year, and must make up for that by signing 45 this year.

(The remaining 10 Kirby schollies will go to drug mules.)

Jun 13, 2022, 5:58 PM

Jun 13, 2022, 7:11 PM

He looks real good in Orange!

Dang, he looks like a grown man***

Jun 13, 2022, 8:06 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Huge bro crush on you right now Hood.

Jun 13, 2022, 9:54 PM

That is all.

Jun 13, 2022, 11:36 PM

It doesn’t hurt that Eason and Burley are cousins

Jun 14, 2022, 6:57 AM

So you’re telling me there’s a chance?

Replies: 39
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic