Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
venables and dabo salaries.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 2,459

venables and dabo salaries.

Nov 30, 2021, 10:30 AM

it's been rumored that they are willing to take a cut in pay,since there were 3 losses so far this year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: venables and dabo salaries.

Nov 30, 2021, 10:39 AM

alot of schools athletic depts are 30 to 50 mill in the red coming out of the covid year. Not going to the playoffs was a hit too.

I wouldnt be surprised if we have to move some $ around. We have 14 mill tied up in 3 guys.

plus our QB coach makes 600k. its alot for a program that does $65 mill revenue.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 30, 2021, 12:13 PM

I'm afraid that LSU just inflated the market for everyone.

Nov 30, 2021, 12:21 PM

The day is coming where these schools will be writing checks their boosters can't cash. I don't see how they survive if they don't make the playoffs every year. We may be at critical mass right now at Clemson.

Nov 30, 2021, 12:31 PM

Only Bill Belichick makes more per year then Brian Kelly. Like what? The NFL has teams worth billions and yet they aren't paying coaches the way LSU just did. It's like paying over asking on a house just because you can. Imagine the buyout they will have to pay if he's not successful in two years.

Nov 30, 2021, 2:17 PM [ in reply to Re: venables and dabo salaries. ]

to all who have read this post:it was made with tongue in cheek humor in mind.anything but serious.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Nov 30, 2021, 12:00 PM

Jim Harbaugh restructured his salary to something much more fair to the school, the staff and probably himself in the long run. He loves Michigan and was underperforming. He lowered his salary and increased his overall earning potential using performance bonuses. The better he does, the more he earns.

It's much more fair to everyone. It keeps you as the individual more motivated and focused. It saves the school from paying out more money for less bowl and playoff revenue loss should you not qualify for the playoff or a New Year's Six bowl.

In an act of philanthrophy, Harbaugh will donate any bonus money, estimated $2M, to the administrative staff and university workers who received furloughs or pay cuts during Covid.

I admire that. Harbaugh, Khaki pants and all, is a decent guy. He's starting to win and has slowly made Michigan stable and relevant.

Nov 30, 2021, 2:23 PM

Harbaugh’s donation is to athletic department employees. Not all university staff and workers.

Replies: 7
| visibility 2,459
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic