Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Update Exhaustion
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

Update Exhaustion

Jul 5, 2022, 10:26 AM

I've gone from laser like focus on what the stock market is doing to being locked in on Conference expansion rumors. What an exhausting Summer.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The stock market is unfortunately easy to follow right now.

Jul 5, 2022, 10:35 AM

Just imagine a boulder going downhill, gathering momentum as it goes. And there you have the stock market at present. Almost continually DOWN. Any small gains on a given day immediately wiped out and then some by the next big tumble on the following day. It may ALL be gone by the time the next election rolls around.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The stock market is unfortunately easy to follow right now.

Jul 5, 2022, 10:56 AM

Seems to be hovering around 30000 for the time being. When earnings start being reported shes going down again. Oil just went below $100 though and I don't think Ukraine last more than six months.

SPY is currently at about 375. Next significant level of

Jul 5, 2022, 11:30 AM

support is down around 320-325. We'll almost certainly hit that. Below that, it's a free fall all the way down to 220, the lows of early 2020, with no technical support in between. That's a 54% drop from recent highs. With interest rates, inflation, continuing supply chain issues, likely rise in unemployment, and still more Biden/Putin, that's very likely. That spells opportunity for some, and hard times for many others.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Quantitative Tightening

Jul 5, 2022, 1:57 PM [ in reply to The stock market is unfortunately easy to follow right now. ]

Quantitative easing has lead assets to grow, so logically it would be safe to believe that quantitative tightening will make them go down.

Yes

Jul 5, 2022, 2:09 PM

Yes

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic