Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
UNC at VT Football Game Set for Sept 3
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

UNC at VT Football Game Set for Sept 3

Apr 12, 2021, 10:10 AM

GREENSBORO, N.C. (theACC.com) – The 2021 North Carolina at Virginia Tech football game has been set for Friday, Sept. 3, the Atlantic Coast Conference announced today. The date of the game was listed as either Thursday or Friday when the 2021 ACC Football schedule was announced in January. Kickoff time and the television network will be announced at a later date.

The ACC Coastal Division matchup is the first conference game of the season and is part of an exciting Labor Day opening weekend of ACC Football that includes at least one game per day Thursday through Monday, Sept. 2-6.

Labor Day weekend begins with NC State hosting USF in Raleigh on Thursday, Sept. 2, followed by Wake Forest vs. Old Dominion and Virginia Tech vs. UNC on Friday, Sept. 3. Saturday’s slate features eight ACC teams in action, including Miami against defending national champion Alabama in the Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game in Atlanta, and Clemson vs. Georgia in the Duke’s Mayo Classic in Charlotte, North Carolina.

Florida State hosts Notre Dame on Sunday, Sept. 5, while Ole Miss and Louisville meet in a second Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game in Atlanta on Monday, Sept. 6.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: UNC at VT Football Game Set for Sept 3

Apr 12, 2021, 10:42 AM

HS football is on Friday nights...not college.

Apr 12, 2021, 10:44 AM

VT vs UNC - I don't see any conflict in your statement as it will be at Hokie High

Apr 12, 2021, 12:00 PM

The ACC trying to hype a rivalry that no one across the country cares about.

Apr 12, 2021, 12:41 PM

Is that still the Bill Dooley grudge game?

Apr 12, 2021, 1:55 PM

No but it has grown into an inter state rivalry as the two schools have developed a serious dislike for each other in football since VaTech joined the league. It stems from heated recruiting battles but also, from UNC's perspective, that VaTech (together with NCSU), engaged in the most negative recruiting during UNC's "troubles" with the NCAA - telling recruits that the Heels were going to be given the death penalty, etc. Also, their blue collar/ lunch pail persona that they sell to recruits rubs us the wrong way.

I think the ### burst last season as I personally watched the Heels dismantle the Hokies in CH. I think the pounding continues over Labor Day.

Apr 12, 2021, 2:12 PM

I think it is just a rivalry only as far as seeing which one can barely sneak out a win against their more traditional football rival (UVA).

Frankly, you cheatin' sombeaches...

Apr 12, 2021, 3:28 PM [ in reply to Re: UNC at VT Football Game Set for Sept 3 ]

should have gotten the death penalty.

The biggest academic fraud scandal in the history of collegiate athletics involving a system of no-show/no-work classes deliberately contrived and carried-out by UNCheat for over 30 years with the sole intent and purpose of keeping football and basketball players academically eligible.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Frankly, you cheatin' sombeaches...

Apr 12, 2021, 3:49 PM

Yeah, the NCAA "excuse" that it was an academic issue was such a farce that even NC State could understand. I mean, by definition it is a "lack of institutional control" is basically completely capital and underlined letters.

Their excuse was that if Tennessee had deposited money in McDonalds bags, left it under a bench, pointed players to it, they would not be in trouble because any student could have stumbled on bag of cash, it wouldn't just be "athletes" benefiting from it. So all Tennessee had to do with their bag men was to place it available on campus, give the athletes advanced notice but only worry about first-come finders keepers? I mean, isn't that the argument from the NCAA is that they are getting "educational benefits" because they are amateurs.

Frankly put, UNC was aware of the fraud and where they were in trouble was that they FAILED to report the academic fraud - no, they exploited it. That is the point of lack of institutional control.

UNC academic standing is significantly tarnished, trusted about as high as a Ped State locker-room shower.

In all honesty, the Tarholes should've gotten the death penalty!

Apr 12, 2021, 3:31 PM [ in reply to Re: UNC at VT Football Game Set for Sept 3 ]

But they just "out-lawyered" the NCAA!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A bunch of wealthy UNCheat alums wrote a big check...

Apr 12, 2021, 4:33 PM

and effectively paid the NCAA to sweep everything under the rug.

The NCAA is worse than the friggin' mafia with their payoff and kickback schemes.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Apr 12, 2021, 4:50 PM [ in reply to Re: UNC at VT Football Game Set for Sept 3 ]

I can understand about you being upset at the blue collar attitude from VT. That means work, and God forbid a UNC undergrad having to do any of that kind of stuff.

As for me, I just don't respect cheaters, although I do like Mack Brown. I got to see a different side of Mack when Beamer retired, and it humanized him a bit.

Oh, and enjoy that beatdown from last year although it was 56-45 and we spotted UNC 21 points in the first 7 minutes of the game. A wins a win though and to the winner go the spoils. Congrats on last year.

Enjoy it while it lasts.

Apr 13, 2021, 2:12 AM [ in reply to Re: UNC at VT Football Game Set for Sept 3 ]

Belk Bowl invite on the line in this one. Must see tv!

We ought to petition for a sponsor change for our

Apr 12, 2021, 3:35 PM

game. Miracle Whipping the Dawgs sounds a lot better than Dukes Maynnaising them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We ought to petition for a sponsor change for our

Apr 12, 2021, 5:04 PM

They are the Coastal Division - who cares until after Thanksgiving weekend.

It shouldn't be a Miracle to Whip them***

Apr 12, 2021, 10:45 PM [ in reply to We ought to petition for a sponsor change for our ]

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic