Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tua should've never been playing Saturday
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

Tua should've never been playing Saturday

Nov 18, 2019, 5:17 PM

Because he still had limited mobility & limited escapability, totally not shocked when they said Tua was injured, was only shocked by the severity of the injury, should've held him out & let his get rested up for Auburn. They aren't playing the Iron Bowl until November 30th, by which time presumably, he would've been much more recovered & of had more mobility & escapability, which would reduce his chance of getting injured. Tua's lack of escapability played a large part in his getting injured, in my opinion.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tua should've never been playing Saturday

Nov 18, 2019, 5:23 PM

Dabo let Trevor play with a bruised right kneecap and a black bandage around his knee. Shame on Dabo.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 19, 2019, 8:48 AM

Dabo let Trevor play with a bruised right kneecap and a black bandage around his knee. Shame on Dabo.

Watson played against scar with a torn ACL

Nov 19, 2019, 1:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Tua should've never been playing Saturday ]

He Was medically cleared and wanted to play... Players play hurt every game.. It's football and they take a risk every time they go out to play healthy or not.

Tell em, coot!***

Nov 18, 2019, 5:24 PM

Nov 18, 2019, 5:27 PM

Starters play the entire 1st half - like we play Trevor.

Nov 18, 2019, 5:27 PM

McFly, Trevor wasn't coming off surgery, geez

Nov 18, 2019, 5:57 PM

Deshaun played an entire game against South Carolina with a torn ACL. I'm not going to fault Alabama for letting Tua play. As some wise football player said, football players are almost all playing injured after the first game of the season starts. We're talking about people who suffer repeated small concussions and are like, "Yeah, okay, that was kind of a nice break in the day."

Dr said he was ok. Maybe you should call

Nov 19, 2019, 1:49 PM [ in reply to Re: Tua should've never been playing Saturday ]

Alabama's dr and complain to her.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Nov 18, 2019, 5:34 PM

Really anyone who didn't complain about Tua playing against LSU, they shouldn't be allowed to complain about him play 7 days later.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 19, 2019, 1:27 PM

I did. He shouldn’t have played against LSU

Nov 18, 2019, 5:36 PM

Maybe if Saban had Trevor as his back -up he wouldn't have been playing.
Of course with Trevor as his back-up Tua would have never been the starter.

Nov 18, 2019, 5:38 PM

I agree 150%. He should have been allowed to re-hab as long as it took. I hope the young man makes a complete recovery. He and his family are on my prayer list.

I agree but not for the reasons you provide

Nov 18, 2019, 6:01 PM

I don't think he should have been playing because I think he should have missed 4 to 6 weeks with a high ankle sprain like most players have until now. The surgery to remedy a high ankle sprain is one that I think shows the state of college football right now, which is win at all costs. I personally believe that it jeopardized the future health of a player for one game. Had he sat the entire time, he would not have played at LSU and they may have lost but they lost with him playing at 80-90% anyway. Then, he would not have been playing in this game at all and would have been available more than likely in a limited role for the Iron Bowl. I just cannot imagine that the surgery for the ankle sprain would not cause problems down the road post football. Just my two cents.

Re: I agree but not for the reasons you provide

Nov 18, 2019, 6:04 PM

Alabama's thirst for a National Title was given priority over Tua's long term well being, we saw after his ankle surgery last year that he was never back to 100% mobility, even against Clemson.

Nov 18, 2019, 7:34 PM

Any athlete that has an injury that has a true love for the game is going to try and play or at least think they can play a lot quicker than most doctors or medical staffs allow. I was that way coming up through high school. Pitching and knowing your arm is gone but swearing to the coach you can still go.... Needless to say I regret it today. Athletes look to there coaches for guidance and in my opinion... That is where i think the breakdown was for them, They let him determine if he was going to play. Going back to the LSU game, coming out of half time he in my opinion got a cortisone shot or some other pain relief shot. After the first 3 and out for alabama which his throws were still errant his next few drive he was slinging the ball. Not really until LSU had a Sustained drive in the fourth quarter did TUA start limping more noticably. From then to the end of the game it was evident the pain was and or had returned. With all this being said in my opinion he had no reason playing in the Mississippi State game. Exspecially knowing you need him for the upcoming Ironbowl with Auburn.. I just dont think it was smart knowing you had already dispatched another SEC team (Arkansas) without Tua and could have done so just as easily to Mississippi State.

Just my 2 cents.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 18, 2019, 7:49 PM

yes, and their next game after Miss St, are the Mighty Catamounts of Western Carolina who got routed by Wofford 59-7 earlier this year, so even a back up they probably could've still put up at least 70 on them.

Deshaun played with one leg and he did alright.

Nov 18, 2019, 7:53 PM

Unless you're a coot.

Nov 18, 2019, 8:40 PM

All we heard after the Bama loss was how hurt Tua really was during the game. All the clips of him limping worse than a peg leg pirate, biting his lip and grimacing in obvious pain. Must have been a miracle week of recovery.

Nov 19, 2019, 1:24 PM

When lions see the antelope who is limping with limited mobility, he becomes lion cuisine eventually, Tua when healthy has great mobility and escapability, but seeing him limping around at the end of LSU, I couldn't help but think about the lions & the antelope, they limped him out there in a situation, where he was far more susceptible to getting a big hit, it was sad seeing him being run down by 2 big defensive linemen, when healthy, that wouldn't have happened.

Re: Tua should've never been playing Saturday***

Nov 19, 2019, 1:28 PM

Nov 19, 2019, 1:30 PM

I completely agree. This one is on Saban

Nov 19, 2019, 1:47 PM

ENOUGH!

Tua is over 18 years old. He's a grown friggin' man. He, presumably with the benefit of his parent's counsel, made the decision to have surgery. His choice. No one held a gun to his head.

After being medically cleared to play, he made the decision to tell the coaches he was ready. He put up 35 points in a half which isn't easy to do no matter who the opponent is. He was plenty mobile for 27 minutes of football.

He was the victim of bad luck. He throws that ball 2 seconds sooner, he likely isn't tackled. He lands in a different way, perhaps he doesn't break his hip. Chance is a part of life. You can not eliminate risk down to zero. We can all look at moments in our life when we were moments from dying. I know I have 3-4 when I was just lucky. It's no one's fault.

God has a plan. Tua will be fine

Finally, someone with sense.***

Nov 19, 2019, 2:13 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Kelly Bryant got knocked out of the 'Cuse game 2 years ago

Nov 19, 2019, 1:49 PM

because Dabo was playing him on a limp ankle

Nov 19, 2019, 2:08 PM

His mobility and previous injury had nothing to do with his injury, he fell awkwardly when he was tackled and his hip dislocated into his pelvic wall (the fracture). They wanted to run the 2 minute drill live; thats what teams do when they have the opportunity they run situational offenses against other teams. Every team does it. We do it. Unfortunate and disappointing for a great athlete and great kid. Hope he has a speedy and full recovery.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 19, 2019, 2:13 PM

he would've never been caught by those interior linemen if he was healthy, at the very least he could've got the ball off a step or two earlier so he wouldn't have been caught in that awkward position, Tua was playing like he normally does & normally he could've have got that ball away, he was a couple steps slow & that made all the difference, it's not like it was Isaiah Simmons chasing him down, those dudes were easily like 280+

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic