Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNet Weight Loss Challenge check in
Tiger Boards - The Amphitheatre
add New Topic
Topics: Previous | Next
Replies: 49
| visibility 4620

TNet Weight Loss Challenge check in

Jun 15, 2024, 5:09 PM

to go along with “what’s for supper “. Hope someone made progress- Spud should have a big loss after running steps in this heat. I started the week really well but grandkids for supper and a birthday party had brownies and cupcakes along with spaghetti and burgers those days. Gained back 2 pounds in 24 hours but still went from 200 to 196 in the nine days. That is about as far I get in past years so we will see if the willpower is there.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNet Weight Loss Challenge check in

Jun 15, 2024, 5:26 PM

I started at 225 last week. Weighed this morning:

Off to a good start!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 21, 2024, 7:17 PM

221 this morning. Still going down!!

211.2 after the run today..Maybe hit 210 next week...***

Jun 15, 2024, 5:43 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Still waiting on 16 others to check in***

Jun 15, 2024, 6:34 PM

Good job. Us folks still working can keep it south of 200

Jun 15, 2024, 7:05 PM

I've hung around 195 plus or minus a few for years now. Thinking my optimum weight would probably be between 185 and 190. Worried that when I retire in 22 to 46 months (yes I'm counting them down), it will be a struggle to stay under 200.

I didn't sign up for the challenge. Sorry to hijack.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good job. Us folks still working can keep it south of 200

Jun 15, 2024, 8:20 PM

That depends on the type of work- most of my job involved sitting at a desk or table with kids. Not a lot of exercise

Jun 15, 2024, 7:08 PM

I love food too much to participate in the challenge. See my post on what’s for supper as an example. Or maybe if you are participating in the challenge you may not want to see it.

Jun 15, 2024, 8:29 PM

I had been weighing myself in the morning but will change over to evening weight for this challenge.
Just weighed... 194.

Jun 16, 2024, 6:16 AM

For the record, my weight this morning on an empty stomach is 192. Overnight metabolism is kicking in for a 2 lb. difference.

Keep exercising & weightlifting to build muscle and let's all rev-up that fat burning metabolism!

Jun 15, 2024, 8:34 PM

Shooting for 131 next week.

running steps

Jun 15, 2024, 8:40 PM

When my home burned was 211. Living in a tent behind the Anderson methadone clinic meant nothing too do and less food.

I started walking, then jogging, then racing.

At 77 I did a couple dozen races in SC and Georgia and beat all over 70. I set a few course records including the ancient Hartwell ### Race. I challenged younger Spud and he declined to meet.

Now I am fat again, out of shape. My new home required lots of my time, and I am by nature - lazy.

I am thinking to again get fit next year as I approach 80.
Loosing weight is a hobby for most. I am not into that thinking. I enjoy having some "happy fat". A fat guy like me can compete.

the tug abides

I can't run on the road anymore. Tore my meniscus...But I can run up and down

Jun 16, 2024, 10:43 AM

the steps. I have only run one race in my life. Ran a 5k in Easley when I was 54, came in 3rd in my class 50-55 with a 24:20....But, I don't run to race. I run just to stay in shape so I can stand in the front of my boat for 6 to 8 hours and run a trolling motor while I fish.

Re: I ...and so I can drag my kayak loaded up with tackle,paddle,battery,

Jun 16, 2024, 10:47 AM

Trolling motor,cooler....up and over these rocks fir about 500 yards t I get to where I want to fish...hopefully I can do that for another 10 years...

Jun 15, 2024, 8:41 PM

Started last week at 183. During the week bounced down and up between 182 to 183 but this morning was 181. Hope that was a start to a downward trend. Have been on a relatively healthy diet and exercise routine for years so that has not changed. What I did change was cut out the Ritz & peanut butter snacks, cut down on dark chocolate kisses and hardest of all cut back to one daily bourbon rather than two.

Message was edited by: Tiger68®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 15, 2024, 9:28 PM

Happy with my 1st week loss of 4.5lbs, not happy with what caused it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Jun 15, 2024, 9:35 PM

Are you in an 'Interrogation Room'?

Jun 15, 2024, 10:06 PM [ in reply to Re: TNet Weight Loss Challenge check in ]

Keep it up! Doing great!

Jun 15, 2024, 9:46 PM

Turning 55 on the 23rd. Just got a diabetes/HBP diagnosis 10 days ago.
I have been walking about 5 miles a day , eating much better.
On the 7th I was 229.5 lbs , and this morning I weighed 221.7 lbs.
So 8 lbs in 8 days ain't so bad !

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

What is your goal by the 1st home football game

Jun 15, 2024, 10:04 PM

I don’t have you down- but it sounds like you don’t need any extra motivation

Re: What is your goal by the 1st home football game

Jun 16, 2024, 7:36 PM

My goal ultimately is 210. That's where the doc thinks I need to be . So another 10 or 12 lbs to go 🤪

DB23

I've been gone since Wednesday

Jun 15, 2024, 9:49 PM

Was in Nashville, then drove to Frankfort for son's bachelor party. Won't be home till tomorrow. Will post my weight tomorrow.

Probably not going to be good week. LOL

It's Sunday, but I weighed myself after getting home

Jun 16, 2024, 10:51 PM

Down 1 lb.

Not bad considering all the food I ate the past 2-3 days.

Jun 15, 2024, 10:08 PM

Set out two weeks ago to lose 30 pounds. After weighing today, I only have 37 to go!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 15, 2024, 10:11 PM

You definitely need some extra motivation!

Jun 15, 2024, 10:11 PM

Loss 2 pounds this week. Worried I will gain it back with the Father’s Day meal(s).

Jun 15, 2024, 10:54 PM

Began at 202. Weight at 10:30pm 198.2. Haven't lost Friday nights dinner yet so maybe can drop half pound before midnight.

Message was edited by: BerlinSPY73®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the only good politician is a dead politician.

Jun 15, 2024, 11:50 PM

UPDATE: After a critical biological function, now weigh 197.4. Now if I can get rid of the 3mm kidney stone that wanted to escape exactly two weeks ago, maybe will lose a bit more.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 16, 2024, 8:32 AM

If you still have a kidney stone after 2 weeks, you should have lost 20 pounds - nothing ruins an appetite like those things!

Jun 16, 2024, 1:02 PM

Fortunately been no pain after the first three days.

Jun 16, 2024, 8:33 AM

216. I lost a pound.

HowardsBoy here checking in

Jun 16, 2024, 10:24 AM

At a svelte 205, ha ha. But on my way down to 190! After a vacation, that’s not terrible, but I got work to do.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Class of '87

Re: HowardsBoy here checking in

Jun 16, 2024, 4:15 PM

Down 7 - that’s better than most

Jun 16, 2024, 10:43 AM

down 2 pounds

Jun 19, 2024, 12:11 PM

Zero lost or gained, steady at 284.3 for the last 6 weeks.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 19, 2024, 1:22 PM

I know I’m not apart of this but when I joined Tnet I was about 205. Weighed in at 168 this morning

Jun 19, 2024, 2:47 PM

So being on TNet made you lose your appetite?

Jun 21, 2024, 7:15 PM

Drank less soda worked out more overall

Not in the challenge, but since I had to start taking Jardiance

Jun 19, 2024, 2:53 PM

I am down to 155 lbs. This was not by choice. I was around 175 lbs. when I started, "the little yellow pill with a big story to tell."

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: Not in the challenge, but since I had to start taking Jardiance

Jun 19, 2024, 2:57 PM

Do those commercials irritate you as much as they do me? Those people look like they are having so much fun and I know it ain’t so.

I guess I don't see them that much.

Jun 19, 2024, 3:05 PM

A LOT of people have mentioned how much they hate those commercials. To me, there are more annoying medication ads - 5-10 seconds of the benefits, then 50-55 seconds of how the medication can cause diarrhea, constipation, and/or kill you.

Since I stream TV via Hulu, I get more annoying car ads, car insurance ads, the most annoying T-Mobile ads, and, of course, the irritating lawyer ads.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Does it just make you not feel like eating?***

Jun 19, 2024, 3:09 PM [ in reply to Not in the challenge, but since I had to start taking Jardiance ]

My brother was on it before me.

Jun 19, 2024, 3:16 PM

He told me that I would be drinking a lot, and, subsequently, peeing a lot more. That is how it flushes sugar from the body ... amongst other ways.

After a few months of being on it, I asked my brother if he stayed hungry all the time, because I did. He said no. I must have now reached that point. I don't feel as hungry any more except at night.

My biggest issue with it is that I look like a walking skeleton. And, people are constantly asking me if I am OK and if I am not eating.

Re: Not in the challenge, but since I had to start taking Jardiance

Jun 21, 2024, 8:00 PM [ in reply to Not in the challenge, but since I had to start taking Jardiance ]

I am down to 155 lbs. This was not by choice. I was around 175 lbs. when I started, "the little yellow pill with a big story to tell."

###, I hate those commercials.
That is all.

I have gained 45 pounds since you started this

Jun 19, 2024, 3:32 PM

The reverse karma is really starting to hit me hard. I only weighed 425 pounds when this started. Since I am 7'10", I can carry the weight. 470 though is pushing it. I typically eat about 5 pounds of raw hamburger every night. That is why I am somewhat reluctant to poast in MFO's "What's for Dinner" thread most weekends.

I wish you all the best of luck!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How is the Pepto Bismol consumption

Jun 19, 2024, 6:00 PM

going?

Down to 6 bottles a day

Jun 19, 2024, 7:54 PM

Baby steps....

I really miss your commercials on TV

Jun 19, 2024, 7:34 PM [ in reply to I have gained 45 pounds since you started this ]

The one where your hitchhiking and they keep pulling up a little more everytime your about to get in really cracked me up.

I always got them in the end though

Jun 19, 2024, 7:56 PM

😂

+1 to 249!!!***

Jun 19, 2024, 8:11 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 49
| visibility 4620
Tiger Boards - The Amphitheatre
add New Topic
Topics: Previous | Next