Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Former NFL MVP Joe Theismann would pick Zach Wilson over Trevor Lawrence
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 49
| visibility 1

TNET: Former NFL MVP Joe Theismann would pick Zach Wilson over Trevor Lawrence

Feb 4, 2021, 10:22 AM

Former NFL MVP Joe Theismann would pick Zach Wilson over Trevor Lawrence

Former NFL MVP Joe Theismann knows a thing or two about quarterback play throwing for over 25,000 yards during his pro football career. Theismann was interviewe Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Trying to make headlines by going against the grain

Feb 4, 2021, 10:42 AM

He knows it's ridiculous, and will get attention for it. Nothing else to see here.

^^^This & Marshall’s post below. Not news if on TL bandwagon***

Feb 4, 2021, 11:32 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Trying to make headlines by going against the grain

Feb 4, 2021, 11:34 AM [ in reply to Trying to make headlines by going against the grain ]

I doubt that Joe saw a single Clemson game this past season.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Feb 4, 2021, 3:57 PM

Being a Notre Dame guy I’d say that he watched the Tigers play. Perhaps that conference championship game didn’t impress Joe very much.

More like searching out opinions against the grain for click

Feb 4, 2021, 12:54 PM [ in reply to Trying to make headlines by going against the grain ]

-bait.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: More like searching out opinions against the grain for click

Feb 4, 2021, 10:01 PM

I think there is a far more sinister agenda here than merely seeking ratings. There is a large contingent of the sports media who want to see Clemson fail. They are smart enough to realize that one way to help accomplish that is to make the team look less desirable for top recruits. One way to do so is to prevent Clemson from ever having a player picked number 1 in the draft. They think trotting out former QBs with high name recognition to bad-mouth Trevor is a good way to do so. I'm sure they could find a couple hundred former players who would unequivocally say they would pick Trevor number one, but we will never see those articles because they don't further the agenda. Hopefully our prospective recruits are smart enough to see thru this. Go Tigers!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: More like searching out opinions against the grain for click

Feb 5, 2021, 1:08 PM

That's exactly what I was thinking. A sinister agenda to bring down Clemson football. An agenda being fed by a small yet powerful contingent of sports media, who have enlisted the aid of high profile former QBs. It's crazy enough....it just might work.

Feb 4, 2021, 3:50 PM [ in reply to Trying to make headlines by going against the grain ]

He must have been in on the Ryan Leaf deal!

more like: salty ND alum seeks revenge against TL16

Feb 5, 2021, 2:07 PM [ in reply to Trying to make headlines by going against the grain ]

He was on the call at the ACC Championship game as the Notre Dame color announcer. His slight of TL is nothing more than a salty ND alum who hates that Clemson is light years better than his team. They squeaked out an double OT victory against Clemson 1-B and thought they were legit. Turns out Clemson at full strength and anyone else with a pulse still owns them. Nice try, Joe! No ones buying what you’re selling. Case in point: Tampa Bay. Cellar dwellers. Terrible. Add Brady and they are in the Super Bowl. A generational QB is a game changer. He should be even more of a TL believer after getting thrashed by him!!

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Break a leg, Joe!***

Feb 4, 2021, 10:45 AM

I find it humerus that Joe Thighsman wouldn't pick TL16 1st.

Feb 4, 2021, 10:51 AM

His argument doesn't have a leg to stand on.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

more Notre Dame Buttt Hurttt***

Feb 4, 2021, 10:57 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Former NFL MVP Joe Theismann would pick Zach Wilson over Trevor Lawrence

Feb 4, 2021, 11:00 AM

So Trevor gets credit for the talent on this team despite missing 3 out of his 5 best targets this year. He get's compared to Mack Jones who had a Heisman winning WR, a Heisman contending RB, and other 1st round WR's. And the competition Zach plays against isn't mentioned?

Joe are you mad about the whole ACC Championship beatdown??

Zach Wilson is an excellent prospect

Feb 4, 2021, 11:06 AM

He will likely be the 2nd qb chosen.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Zach Wilson is an excellent prospect

Feb 4, 2021, 2:43 PM

Wilson will end up a career backup. Nobody even knew who this kid was until the ESPN hype machine took over. Just watch.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Zach Wilson is an excellent prospect

Feb 4, 2021, 11:27 PM

Please. This is the guy that lost to Coastal Carolina. Something tells me Trevor does not finish that game this year. Enjoying Gatorade by halftime.

Re: TNET: Former NFL MVP Joe Theismann would pick Zach Wilson over Trevor Lawrence

Feb 4, 2021, 11:09 AM

Joe pees too often.

Joe Theismann and Brett Favre...

Feb 4, 2021, 11:14 AM

Who left the back door open at the Old AF Quarterback asylum?

Opinions are like AHs and here’s two AHs.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 4, 2021, 11:16 AM

Too many Hallmark movies has warped his brain.

my wife thinks he and Joe Namath have the biggest ears on

Feb 4, 2021, 11:17 AM

planet earth

LOL... true... "old man ears" get huge... I've told my GF and my son

Feb 4, 2021, 12:14 PM

if my ears get too long or my toenails turn orange, they have my permission to take me out in the woods and put me down with a shot to the head. Oh, I think LBJ still has the biggest ears ever...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A drunk will run a STOP sign, but a stoner will wait for it to turn green.

Re: my wife thinks he and Joe Namath have the biggest ears on

Feb 5, 2021, 8:45 AM [ in reply to my wife thinks he and Joe Namath have the biggest ears on ]

You haven’t met me yet....

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well if we're going to judge them by the talent around them,

Feb 4, 2021, 11:21 AM

shouldn't we also take into account the talent opposition? Strenght of schedule: BYU 67, CLEMSON 3.

Let's jump all over Joe Theismann now.. he said

Feb 4, 2021, 11:29 AM

Something that has absolutley no impact on anyone or anything. He must pay.

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: Let's jump all over Joe Theismann now.. he said

Feb 4, 2021, 12:03 PM

Correct.

Here’s my Joe Theismann story

Half a lifetime ago my wife was a flight attendant. I’ll add here, so the story makes sense, my wife is one of the least interested in sports people that you would ever meet. She doesn’t watch sports and absolutely cares nothing about sports. I’m pretty sure this occurred in ‘93. So.........she’s working 1st Class on a flight and a man gets on wearing a full length fur coat. Boarding has just started but all of 1st Class is on and Coach pax are beginning to board. Well the guy in the fur coat is blocking the aisle and boarding comes to screeching halt. My wife gives him a bit of of time to get situated, but it becomes apparent that he is either oblivious or he just doesn’t care that he’s jamming up the works. So she approaches him and says, “excuse me sir, can you please take your seat, we’re trying to board and you’re blocking the aisle”. The man turns looks her up and down and says, “I’m Joe Theismann”. My wife says, “I guess that means I’m supposed to know who you are?” “Take your seat Joe, you’re blocking the aisle”.

She asked me when she came home if I knew who Joe Theismann was.

I laugh about that every time I see his smug face on TV.

Feb 4, 2021, 3:12 PM

Plausible.

He always seemed like kind of a ##### to me.

Feb 4, 2021, 2:44 PM [ in reply to Let's jump all over Joe Theismann now.. he said ]

I've always hated his arrogant ###. Don't need him to say anything else for me not to like him.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 4, 2021, 11:49 AM

Last I heard, Theismann is not an NFL GM. All the top 5 picks and going to have more money than they ever dreamed about.

This insight is what makes Theismann such a great GM

Feb 4, 2021, 11:51 AM

Oh wait..

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 4, 2021, 12:19 PM

Was he wearing only his underwear when he said that?

Feb 4, 2021, 12:25 PM

Trevor wouldn't have let Coastal Carolina beat them if he was playing for Limestone!

Feb 4, 2021, 12:31 PM

People did not know that much about Mahomes but he is doing all right. So, perhaps there is a small chance that Joe may be right and Wilson may do better than Trevor in the NFL. Regardless, Trevor will have an outstanding NFL career if he stays healthy; wish him all the best.

Feb 4, 2021, 12:39 PM

He saw Favre get a little attention and now he wants some to

He needs to work on that orange hair a little also

Boy.. I swear..***

Feb 4, 2021, 1:17 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 4, 2021, 2:14 PM

Ask the mullets who they would rather face.

Eff Joe...His Dumbness is Driven by Him Breaking in Half***

Feb 4, 2021, 2:19 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Talent goes both ways. BYU doesn't play against the same

Feb 4, 2021, 2:25 PM

level of talent a P5 team does.

Re: Talent goes both ways. BYU doesn't play against the same

Feb 4, 2021, 4:09 PM

It was once believe that Joe “went both ways” too but it was never proven. I read once where he was paying one of his ex wives 3.5 million a month. Is that even possible?

Feb 4, 2021, 3:16 PM

On the one hand, you have the opinion of the VAST majority of experts on a particular subject. On the other hand, you have some guy on YouTube who has secret info or has found or recognized something different unknown to those experts. I think Joe is one of those YouTube experts. Don't listen to YouTube experts. Not bad life advice.

Feb 4, 2021, 3:40 PM

Our responses are what really bugs.

Read what Theisman said & it sincerely sounds respectful if not outright insightful.

But while Dabo insists we should respect Charlotte, we can't collectively listen & respect guys like Favre & Theisman? Really? What's happened to our culture at CU is something I'm still struggling to accept, but I absolutely believe Dabo's lessons are good ones if we're only willing to follow them. I still have hope, but this stuff keeps happening & I'm not sure what else to do. It is NOT us against the world & it never will be, nor will Dabo ever teach that. I just wish we'd listen to him more is all. Go Tigers.

C'mon guys. Give him a break.***

Feb 4, 2021, 3:59 PM

Feb 4, 2021, 5:56 PM

Poor Trevor, sounds like nobody wants him... Boo Hoo

Wow. These TL comments are giving TNET more clicks than Finebaum***

Feb 4, 2021, 6:04 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 4, 2021, 7:54 PM

Let's think about this....a below average career NFL quarterback (56% pass completion , 200 TDs & 185 int's)...trying to tell us TL16 is not the best QB in the upcoming draft. Yeah Right!!! He needs to go back to the campus of Notre Dame if he is that hard up for attention. His statement reminds me of what one of my college professors told me..." It is better to let people think your're a fool, then to open your mouth and remove all doubt they may have ".

Feb 4, 2021, 7:54 PM

Let's think about this....a below average career NFL quarterback (56% pass completion , 200 TDs & 185 int's)...trying to tell us TL16 is not the best QB in the upcoming draft. Yeah Right!!! He needs to go back to the campus of Notre Dame if he is that hard up for attention. His statement reminds me of what one of my college professors told me..." It is better to let people think your're a fool, then to open your mouth and remove all doubt they may have ".

Feb 5, 2021, 8:32 AM

Hey Joe!!! Phone call for you! I believe he said his name is Lawrence Taylor.

Here’s the thing

Feb 5, 2021, 12:48 PM

Trevor wouldn’t have lost to coastal. And he would have put up mind boggling numbers against the competition Wilson played against. Just sayin

Old Joe got knocked in the head one too many times by

Feb 5, 2021, 12:59 PM

Lawrence Taylor, obviously. They say those effects show up later in life. There's your proof.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 5, 2021, 7:12 PM

Well, of course he would say that. Anyone named Lawrence has to scare the bejeezus out of him. The last Lawrence he met coined the phrase Blind Side!

Replies: 49
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic