Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Clemson AD talks timeline regarding fans in Death Valley this fall
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 4,395

TNET: Clemson AD talks timeline regarding fans in Death Valley this fall

Jun 17, 2020, 10:39 AM

Clemson AD talks timeline regarding fans in Death Valley this fall

Clemson athletic director Dan Radakovich spoke to ESPN recently about the school's plans currently regarding fans attending this fall. Sporting events being hel Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't see us holding onto ticket revenue.

Jun 17, 2020, 12:22 PM

I've already purchased mine. Four. If they have to cull some tickets, there will be refunds. But they will not make up the lost money for charging more, as many will balk and watch on TV. But for Clemson anyway I think ticket revenue is still greater than TV revenue, and that's a huge hit if fans can't attend. Then there's the liability aspect which can more than erase the benefits of having fans attend.

I just don't see fans in the stands. I can see the teams playing, but even if you thin the fans that creates a logistical nightmare and lost revenue either way.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

all that is simply conjecture.

Jun 17, 2020, 1:47 PM

unless we are on the board, or in the meetings making these decisions, we don't know. We will know when we know.... but for now, everything you said, and anything I could say isn't worth the virtual paper I'm typing on...

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Re: I don't see us holding onto ticket revenue.

Jun 17, 2020, 2:12 PM [ in reply to I don't see us holding onto ticket revenue. ]

I think they will lean more towards only filling 50% of each side and the end zones and try and make up that loss with whatever ways they can. But with as good as Clemson FB has been over the past 8 years, if they don't have a surplus cushion with DV being about to capacity with every home game, they need a better accountant and a new CEO, and one that don't spend by looking ahead to what they feel they will take in the next season bc, you can never know or see the troubles that can arise a full year ahead. I mean who thought that a virus that began in China, would affect the economy in America the way that it has, probably nobody!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't see us holding onto ticket revenue.

Jun 17, 2020, 4:44 PM

They can't maintain distancing and reach 50%. Its more like 20-25%.

At that point, let the students and players families in and the rest of us can watch it at home.

Can you imagine wearing a mask for a day game in September?

Re: TNET: Clemson AD talks timeline regarding fans in Death Valley this fall

Jun 17, 2020, 12:59 PM

Some folks ain't gonna like this bc, they want answers right now, not a few weeks from now. But Personally, if there is going to be a Fall college FB season, and if I'm still with the living, I will enjoy every second in my favorite seat at the center of my 65 inch Big Screen without a mask, and with food and beverage of my choice from Sam's or Food Lion, without paying those outrageous stadium prices for inferior food products...

Go Tigers looking for a 12-0 regular season with a trip to the playoff for the 6th time and moving on to the National Championship game against I don't care who it will be, GO TIGERS!!!

At the end of a season like we've never experienced in my life time, our Dabo Swinney led Clemson Tigers will end 2020 FB season winning our 4th National Championship, and #3 for our Head Coach Dabo Swinney, the best Clemson Tiger FB Head Coach ever in the history of Tiger Football!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 17, 2020, 1:54 PM

I'm not holding my breath about fans in the stands but I'm hopeful that there will be football! Time will tell! GO TIGERS!!

there may never be fans at another football

Jun 17, 2020, 2:00 PM

game in america ever again..because there has never been a vaccine for any corona virus

Re: there may never be fans at another football

Jun 18, 2020, 9:26 AM

game in america ever again..because there has never been a vaccine for any corona virus

I think that is a very bleak and unlikely assessment. There has probably never been such a combined public and private attempt to create a vaccine. These efforts are not confined to the US either. Additionally with time, there will be some degree of herd immunity without the vaccine. Lastly the mortality rate is quite low if an infected individual is not elderly or has overlying health issues such as diabetes, hypertension, coronary, liver, kidney disease or obesity. It won't be this fall. It may not be next fall, although I think it will, but football stadiums will almost certainly be filled again.

The break from sports has shown me personally that while I care about sports, at the end of the day as a spectator, I realize I like being outdoors with family and even close friends-at a distance even more as I am a participant and not a spectator in outdoor pursuits.

Rest easy, football stadiums will eventually be filled. I'll be back too, but probably not as often.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 17, 2020, 2:11 PM

Concerning mobile tickets, "the best flexibility as far as capacity is concerned" is a quote that is key. I am thinking that capacity numbers will be fluid from game to game. I think some of us need to prepare to be on standby for out tickets.

Jun 17, 2020, 2:34 PM

After watching what transpired the last week, I expect I can find answers to these questions just as Easley on CNN's website as I can through our A.D.

If there is one hint of one chance someone may die this Fall, no way we allow football.

Now Soccer on the other hand, well in order to promote or University as a World leader in equality, we better have Riggs packed.

Jun 17, 2020, 3:07 PM

Will be interested to see how this works out for students

Jun 17, 2020, 3:19 PM

If capacity is limited, will the students get pushed out in the name of maximizing ticket revenue from a smaller number of seats?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Will be interested to see how this works out for students

Jun 17, 2020, 10:26 PM

To be consistent, I am a fan of shared pain. Divide into major groups; band, player's parents/siblings, students, IPTAY, visiting fans, etc. and decrease each pseudo-proportionally. I don't think that the player's parents/siblings should be decreased at all, and the band should be least at least 5/7 strength. This would allow each band member admission into 5 of the 7 games and allow for a viable strength band. Everybody else to be decreased proportionally with no "extra" seats for visiting fans. Even though I don't have a lot of IPTAY priority points, let IPTAY dole out their share of seats equitably based on priority points, but with all sharing at least some of the pain. After 16 of 16 friends who went to a bar in Florida to celebrate one of the people's birthday came down with coronavirus, no more talk of ANY groups sitting right next to each other...no exceptions. And EVERYBODY HAS TO properly wear a mask in the stands...no taking it off for any reason, including drinking a soda for 3 hours. Just my opinion.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No matter who you vote for, BUY AMERICAN...it's a vote for American jobs.

Jun 17, 2020, 11:46 PM

I think they should simply have the fans that want to go to the games sign a waiver when they buy their tickets. That way if they get COVID the university would not be liable. They could go for 50-70% capacity. And the fan can make the decision on if they want to watch live. They had a protest with thousands of people and I didn’t see people 6 feet apart. Just don’t let the fans on the field after the game so the players can stay distanced and they should all stay safe. They are already quarantining the players that were positive.

Jun 18, 2020, 3:35 AM

Because people feel if they don't go, nobody should.

Jun 18, 2020, 3:35 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson AD talks timeline regarding fans in Death Valley this fall ]

kkillin said:

I think they should simply have the fans that want to go to the games sign a waiver when they buy their tickets. That way if they get COVID the university would not be liable. They could go for 50-70% capacity. And the fan can make the decision on if they want to watch live. They had a protest with thousands of people and I didn’t see people 6 feet apart. Just don’t let the fans on the field after the game so the players can stay distanced and they should all stay safe. They are already quarantining the players that were positive.

kkillin said:

Jun 18, 2020, 3:35 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson AD talks timeline regarding fans in Death Valley this fall ]

kkillin said:

kkillin said:

Jun 18, 2020, 5:58 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson AD talks timeline regarding fans in Death Valley this fall ]

Unfortunately, it’s not just the health of those who attend. It’s also all the people they may expose when they return to home and to work. Large sporting events have been identified as super spreaders so I think they will err on the side of caution. Let’s just hope too many fans don’t find that they enjoy the experience and convenience watching on TV at home, and stay home next year.

Jun 18, 2020, 3:32 AM

Why not just send out an email asking for those who wish to have ticket and iptay donations refunded voluntarily to do so... that would probably free up 25% capacity. If there is extra seating, sell it single game

Jun 18, 2020, 5:46 AM

The refunds will have to include portions of IPTAY dues as well. SInce they tied tickets to seat equity, IPTAY members must give a certain value for each ticket dependent on its location. If the atheltic department limits me to to two seats instead of four, then my seat equity should kick in and force them to return half of my IPTAY donation as well. If they don’t, it’s a bait and switch. IPTAY tied the number and location of seats to an equivalent donation, so they will have to honor that in reverse as well - basically you pre-ordered a product they could not deliver. It’s business, not personal . I think they just need to send out indemnity forms to everyone and say come if you want to and don’t come if you don’twant to. It’s a personal decision, and let the snowflakes stay home.

Jun 18, 2020, 6:38 PM

That comment is ignorant.

Jun 18, 2020, 9:46 AM

If limited capacity, students should have first crack at tickets. Students need to be able to go to games!

Jun 18, 2020, 6:35 PM

Only no fans or no more than 25% capacity makes sense.

Replies: 23
| visibility 4,395
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic