»
Topic: TNET: Streeter not concerned about depth at quarterback heading into fall camp
Replies: 8   Last Post: Aug 1, 2021, 10:03 AM by: LOYALTIGER
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your CatCoins™ to grant this post a special award and grant the author bonus PawCoins!

Love Love Love!
monetization_on 1000
Quality Content
monetization_on 1000
Big Fish
monetization_on 1000
Hmm
monetization_on 1000
Flammable
monetization_on 1000
Caring
monetization_on 1000
Nom Nom Nom
monetization_on 1000
Ooo, Shiny!
monetization_on 1000
Hear ye, hear ye
monetization_on 1000
Cheers
monetization_on 1000
Bravo
monetization_on 500
Grats
monetization_on 1000
Take My Coins
monetization_on 1000
Great Idea!
monetization_on 1000
Nope
monetization_on 1000

YOUR BALANCE
monetization_on
[ Tiger Boards - Clemson Football ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 8  

TNET: Streeter not concerned about depth at quarterback heading into fall camp

Jul 30, 2021, 8:00 AM

Streeter not concerned about depth at quarterback heading into fall camp

Most Clemson fans will tell you that if the Tigers are to accomplish the team’s goals this season, starting quarterback DJ Uiagalelei has to stay healthy due to depth concerns at the position after the loss of backup Taisun Phommachanh to injury and signee Bubba Chandler to Major League Baseball. Brandon Streeter isn't as concerned as fans. Full Story »

flag link

Re: TNET: Streeter not concerned about depth at quarterback heading into fall camp

Jul 30, 2021, 8:30 AM

Of course any coach will have faith in his guys and I do too but there is a worry in my mind and I expect Coach Streeter's also. Unless our offensive line learns to run block, the season starts and stops with the health of DJ. Preseason practice is critical as it always is.

flag link

wrongo

[3]
Jul 30, 2021, 8:52 AM

Hunter Helms is more than sufficient to win our ACC slate. Will games be closer? Probably. But Helms is good enough to win with the supporting players around him.

We basically have a team full of 4 and 5 star playmakers. #### I could probably play qb and win most games.

2021 white level member flag link

Re: wrongo

[4]
Jul 30, 2021, 9:09 AM

Be careful…Last week I said I thought we could win with Forrest Gump at QB and was chastised…
But I still agree and am not overly concerned about the QB depth. I also agree we will benefit from better OLine play if we can get it regardless of who is at QB.

flag link

Re: TNET: Streeter not concerned about depth at quarterback heading into fall camp

[2]
Jul 30, 2021, 12:01 PM

I am a glass half full kind of guy, but I don’t share his optimism. Between the worst offensive line play we’ve seen in years last year and the first game being Georgia, we could be on the brink of a tough season if DJ goes down. The best thing he can do for Hunter helms’ confidence is to say he believes in him. For the rest of us who aren’t paid to instill confidence in walk on‘s, the reality we see is that every game is 50-50.

flag link

[1]
Jul 30, 2021, 12:10 PM

I'm with you on this. Obviously, it's a team game and better OL play brings about a better running game which opens up the passing lanes. We have a great QB, and a great set of RBs and some great WRs, but they need help from better OL play. Travis Etienne not even making it to a 1,000 yards was ridiculous.

flag link

lol yeah right.***

[1]
Jul 30, 2021, 2:46 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link

Of course he's going to say that publicly***

Jul 30, 2021, 2:49 PM

2021 white level member flag link

Aug 1, 2021, 10:03 AM

Still can’t figure out why Hunter Helms has not been put on Scholarship yet. I believe he has proven he is deserving.

flag link

http://www.thetigernet.com/images/profiles/21132.gif

Replies: 8  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Boston College
FOR SALE: For Sale - Homecoming game - 2 TDB (on Home side) - row A (front row) seats w/seatbacks plus a Lot 2...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Tiger Boards - Clemson Football ]
Start New Topic
1664 people have read this post