Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Former GT star says Clemson's biggest competition will come from within
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

TNET: Former GT star says Clemson's biggest competition will come from within

Jul 12, 2019, 8:01 AM

Former GT star says Clemson's biggest competition will come from within

One ACC football analyst has taken a page out of Dabo Swinney’s book and says the Tigers’ biggest competition this season will come from within. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Former GT star says Clemson's biggest competition will come from within

Jul 12, 2019, 9:15 AM

Wow, an analyst who actually did their homework and has reasonable opinions. I feel like I’m in the twilight zone. Then again that might be cause my 2 month old wanted to stay awake all night.

Re: TNET: Former GT star says Clemson's biggest competition will come from within

Jul 12, 2019, 9:20 AM

Most ppl with enough common sense will be very broad about the reality of the situation..... GT and the rest are going to get beat and there is nothing no one can do about it.......lol
Go Tigers!!!

Jul 12, 2019, 9:45 AM

Dabo's job, especially this year, will be to make sure that our players don't get the big head. There are at least 4 games (A&M, @Cuse, @NCSU, @SC) that we could lose. Staying humble, respectful of our competition, and focused, will be critical to our success this year. Go Tigers, from this Golden Tiger!

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

...and Dabo has made sure that's the case every year.***

Jul 12, 2019, 10:27 AM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Re: ...and Dabo has made sure that's the case every year.***

Jul 12, 2019, 1:07 PM

Yeah, I've not worried recently about anyone getting too carried away with themselves .. . .Dabo seems to take care of that. It's part of the system.

Yeah, I'm kinda worried and I hope this post isn't prescient

Jul 12, 2019, 11:40 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Former GT star says Clemson's biggest competition will come from within ]

I hope it's totally wrong, and probably is.....

But I have noticed Dabo doing photo ops with country stars, musicians, actors, famous people, etc. Opened the Espy's. I've noticed him seemingly enjoying the limelight.

WHICH IS FINE, as long as he stays grounded and stays Dabo. Always stay grounded and hunble, and we will keep being successful. But if the fame, and the money get to him, or change him in the least, it can be a problem. I know Dabo knows this too, which is why we are where we are. Just hope he stays Dabo, and we stay little ole Clemson. It's actually a good sign TL is staying out of the spotlight.

If we stay humble and hungry, we will keep rolling.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yeah, I'm kinda worried and I hope this post isn't prescient

Jul 12, 2019, 1:14 PM

I don't understand this thought. What would taking photos with people have to do with staying humble? What if those people are asking him for a picture? Is he supposed to turn them down in order to stay humble? Even if he's the one asking for the photos, then what exactly does that have to do with being humble?

Jul 12, 2019, 1:57 PM

I think all they were saying is that Dabo has never been as famous as he is now and it's been especially in our faces this summer. Personally, I love it because he always turns it into a pro-Clemson or pro-God message. I would say the only thing (it's a small thing) I have noticed even close to him having a big head is he's a little more feisty when answering stupid questions. But I think that's more about the questions/journalists than it is about fame getting to him. I dont worry at all. Dabo said that Kathleen knew him back when he was nothing so to put on a persona now because people know him and he's rich is out of the question. She would call him on it.

Jul 12, 2019, 3:45 PM

My thoughts exactly. " I love it because he always turns it into a pro-Clemson or pro-God message."

Jul 12, 2019, 3:22 PM [ in reply to Yeah, I'm kinda worried and I hope this post isn't prescient ]

Really ?????

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Everything he said is right!***

Jul 12, 2019, 11:12 AM

Jul 14, 2019, 10:38 AM

Jones was not a wide receiver. He was a running back. And no Tech fan will ever forget his 2008 performance against Georgia. Georgia would like to.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic