Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Double Trouble: Tigers lose heartbreaker to Notre Dame in second OT
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1,567

TNET: Double Trouble: Tigers lose heartbreaker to Notre Dame in second OT

Nov 8, 2020, 12:03 AM

Double Trouble: Tigers lose heartbreaker to Notre Dame in second OT

An instant classic in South Bend ends in heartbreak for the Tigers and jubilation for Notre Dame. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Double Trouble: Tigers lose heartbreaker to Notre Dame in second OT

Nov 8, 2020, 12:34 AM

Five years ago, I joined your site to congratulate Clemson for a very well played game after you beat us. I've been waiting a long time for a rematch! (2018 doesn't count; you guys were just too good and we still had a lot of work to do.)

I'd like to congratulate Clemson again, for another very well played game. I can say that I know how you feel, and now I get to know how you all felt the last two games we played. Winning this game took a very big monkey off of Notre Dame's back, so I'm delighted we won. (I'm sure some of you remember the feeling when the "Clemsoning" thing was no longer a thing.) But I also sympathize. We've been on the losing side too.

Your team was banged up coming in, and had a few injuries along the way. You gave it everything you had, and showed the enormous talent that you have coming through.

Ours is a stronger team this year than we were in 2018, and it's hard to imagine a team as good as yours was then. Our teams are more evenly matched this year, but we're going to have to continue to improve if we are to be competitive with Clemson at full strength. We'll probably be seeing you again in the ACC Championship game. I'll look forward to that, and if it's as close as this one was, perhaps we'll get to play each other a third time in the playoffs. Best of luck for the rest of the season.

Nov 8, 2020, 1:08 AM

ACC championship could be interesting.

Nov 8, 2020, 11:22 AM

If we don't drop a game, then there should be a rematch with both teams at full strength. You were obviously down more than we were last night, but still we were missing both of our speed WR options. I think Clemson is better than ND overall, but I think we've gotten to the place now where you aren't going to kick us out of the park by half time any more.

Let's both go win out so we can have that rematch. :)

Replies: 3
| visibility 1,567
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic