Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: After "great time" at All In Cookout, priority target talks what's next in recruitment
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

TNET: After "great time" at All In Cookout, priority target talks what's next in recruitment

Jul 26, 2021, 11:00 AM

After "great time" at All In Cookout, priority target talks what's next in recruitment

Delp's primary focus is how a team will use tight ends and Clemson spent plenty of time going over that with him this weekend. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: After "great time" at All In Cookout, priority target talks what's next in recruitment

Jul 26, 2021, 11:06 AM

If TE usage is his priority, I think we are his first choice. When we've had great TE's they have been prominently featured.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: After "great time" at All In Cookout, priority target talks what's next in recruitment

Jul 26, 2021, 11:11 AM

Dwayne Allen is still underrated by many or forgotten.

Jul 26, 2021, 7:45 PM

Not forgotten!

Clemson has had GREAT Tight Ends with NFL careers over the years including John McMakin, Bennie Cunningham, Jim Riggs, K.D. Dunn, and the recent Players like Allen, Leggett among others…..

Jul 26, 2021, 11:13 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: After "great time" at All In Cookout, priority target talks what's next in recruitment ]

Its been since Leggett.

Jul 26, 2021, 1:39 PM

Don't take it wrong bc Leggett was a good TE his last couple of years. But, Galloway is a very good TE, and Jaelyn Lay will be developed into a great TE under Tony Elliott, IMO!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 26, 2021, 12:42 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: After "great time" at All In Cookout, priority target talks what's next in recruitment ]

You're absolutely correct!!! But we are competing against two SEC schools, Thuga, and Florida, but I believe that Clemson should be the easiest choice for him bc, Clemson do utilize our good hands TEs in the passing game through out the game, every game!!!

Go Tigers Oscar, a choice that you will forever be glad that you made, and Clemson will be a forever home with family every time you come back after you graduate....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 26, 2021, 11:12 AM

Got to use those TE's. We should keep it wide open even in the blowout games. Never stop. JMO

POTD

Jul 26, 2021, 12:33 PM

Dabo and coaches would be well served to maintain team energy and commitment all 4 qtrs. Let our more talented higher recruited younger athletes get their reps, compete and score in the 3rd and 4th qtrs against these scrub ACC teams for whom Clemson funds the entire athletic budget.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: POTD

Jul 26, 2021, 12:51 PM

I maybe wrong, but Dabo should start embarrassing the teams we play in ACC, just maybe it will force the AD's of those team to take a long look at what they have, and what they have isn't close to what Clemson has in the same ACC, and he is bringing it every week. I know that it help Clemson's Dabo Swinney to work and recruit even harder to stop those beating that FSU use to put on our FB team. And Dabo changed that before Jimbo Fisher left. I think that it made Jimbo's choice to leave even easier!!!!

Re: POTD

Jul 26, 2021, 5:34 PM

The problem with the ACC is that most of the schools have priorities that aren't football. Wake and a lot of the smaller schools care more about non-revenue sports (Wake dominates in soccer, golf, tennis, etc.).

Some are mostly basketball-centric: UNC, Duke, Louisville, Syracuse, and so on.

Others have academic hurdles (Georgia Tech), and the rest are lost powers that can't seem to find their way (FSU, VT, Miami). So right now, I don't see Clemson smoking them by 60 changing anything. This didn't happen in the 90s when Bowden's FSU went through the ACC like a hot knife through butter.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 26, 2021, 11:26 AM

Come on over Oscar, we would love to welcome you to the Clemson family!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 26, 2021, 11:34 AM

Without Leggett the Tigers do not win the big game against Bama, he made some great catches in that game. Especially on the final drive. We need another Leggett,

Jul 26, 2021, 11:37 AM

Lil Beamer is going all-out for Delp. What could the worm-pullers use as props in photos like we used the natty trophies for Delp if he vsists there? 5th place rings?

If Davis A and/or Braden G are key in a UGA win

Jul 26, 2021, 11:53 AM

Hard to pass up Clemson for the Gamescoks

Re: If Davis A and/or Braden G are key in a UGA win

Jul 26, 2021, 12:56 PM

It's hard to see the coots in the same picture with our Tigers!!!

Jul 26, 2021, 12:28 PM

Mr. Delp, sounds like you have a good plan and thanks for your attendance at the cookout.
Just be sure to include Death Valley for a game this year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 26, 2021, 3:55 PM

Love what he had to say about Cade. He could easily turn out to be the best QB we've ever had.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Easily!?! We're about to have our 3rd "Generational Talent"

Jul 26, 2021, 9:44 PM

under center in the past five years! I mean, I hope you're right, but that bar is hiiiiiiiiiigh.

null

Jul 26, 2021, 4:16 PM

This is playing the recruiting game 101…he’s been silent to UgA for months…I wish he would quit wasting people’s time.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Jul 26, 2021, 4:50 PM

Unfortunately, I agree with you. I would be very surprised if he goes anywhere other than UGA.

Jul 26, 2021, 9:27 PM

Not saying he won't, but I would ask why? If he didn't chose us but did go to Florida, I would get it. Playing for a staff who put a TE in some
Heisman conversation and making him a 1st round, top 5 pick is awfully hard to match, as its been what, Dwayne Allen since we even had a 1st rounder. I really hope that Coach Elliot gets a lot of production out of the TE group this season because if not, we will continue to struggle getting some of these guys. But.. if he goes with Jawga? I don't see it. Does Kirby have a proven TE track record? Or any Rings? Trophies? Runner up trophy doesn't cut it. Game one, I wanna see TEs galloping all over Jawga. Spot that ball!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic