Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TJ Dudley
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

TJ Dudley

Jan 20, 2022, 1:48 PM

Love to add him to this class, but with his tweet about always being different and Deion Sanders saying he is signing two more dogs this class. I have feeling he is going to "shock the world" like Travis Hunter did and end up signing with Jackson State...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TJ Dudley

Jan 20, 2022, 1:55 PM

These “shock the world” quotes are a bit off putting to me. I know they are young and naive still, but that has gotten stale and smacks of way too much ego.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Most of the time when they say that...

Jan 20, 2022, 2:00 PM

it ends-up barely making a ripple on the surface of the pond.

It seems more like a lame@$$ attempt to garner a little more attention.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Cause it is 100% used as device for attention seeking purposes ****

Jan 20, 2022, 5:41 PM

Jan 20, 2022, 2:01 PM [ in reply to Re: TJ Dudley ]

You seem to have forgotten the Clemson football "shock the world tour" during the 2011 season when Clemson defeated 3 straight ranked opponents for the first time ever (or at least in a very long time, can't remember which).

Most Clemson fans were pretty excited about the shock the world phrase at that point and didn't have any problems with there being too much ego associated with the phrase.

It very well could mean that he signs with Clemson...

Jan 20, 2022, 2:11 PM

that would be shocking the world given that our recruiting (according to so many in and out of Clemson Nation) has fallen off and our run at the top is over...

I'm looking forward to all of the posts hailing him as the next Anthony Simmons or Levon Kirkland from those who are reading so much into his comments and pontifications...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It very well could mean that he signs with Clemson...

Jan 20, 2022, 3:02 PM

Personally, I do not in anyway shape or form believe that Dabo will twiddle with his thumbs, and allow what he's worked his A$$ off to build, to just go away. IMO, any Clemson fan or any Clemson student, or grad that actually believes that, they have never had any trust in Dabo anyway. They must believe that Dabo's hires had everything to do with the run we've had these past 10 years. Well, they are correct if they believe that, but they are so wrong if they have forgotten who actually went after those hires and got them to Clemson. The only difference in what Dabo had to do back then, is that he don't have to search high and low to bring those types of hires to Clemson, and it's because he has been raising them at Clemson in positions that others wouldn't try and hire them away before Dabo has a spot to use them in.

Believe it or not, it's up to each what they want to believe, but one day down the road, it will be said how ingenious Dabo was with out of the public eye getting coaches ready to step in when another left for a higher position somewhere else, and that Dabo very seldom had to leave Clemson to hire a quality coach to fill a coaching position bc he was raising them right there at Clemson, and those that he raised while working at Clemson, will be more loyal to him/Clemson more than an outside hire would ever be!!! I think Dabo learned that lesson with The Chad, and his always looking to go somewhere with only a moments notice!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 20, 2022, 2:17 PM [ in reply to Re: TJ Dudley ]

I wasn’t part of (or even aware of) the 2011 ‘shock the world’ events/stuff; however, comparing that team effort and beating three ranked teams to an individual who believes he is of an importance or value that his decision of which school he’s attending will ‘shock the world’ is of a very different nature.

I think the ego comment above is well founded. And of course, who can forget Zion Williamson’s world shocking decision to sign with Duke and the several 5* recruits they signed that year. Perhaps the shock in that case was when they realized they would still have to use one ball….

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Jan 20, 2022, 2:44 PM

Wow this is a far leap from a fan who has no personal relationship with the kid who is making the decision.

Tee Higgins had an entire fireworks show set up to announce his commitment. Good thing he committed to Clemson or some would have thought his ego much be far too big to feel that he needed to set off fireworks instead of simply announcing where he wanted to go to school.

Let the kids have fun and feel great about themselves when they are making a huge decision.

Once he gets on whatever campus he chooses, then he will come to the realization that everyone around him was also the center of attention when they committed and he will have to fight his way through the pecking order.

Also if Zion Williamson shocked the world and committed to lowly Clemson basketball then he would have just been a humble kid who wanted to stay close to home and help the program.

Jan 20, 2022, 4:47 PM

Speaking of ‘wow’, c’mon TigersO, tell me what I said to elicit the wow factor? Your went into the archives to talk about Clemson football 10 years ago to begin your post. I merely said that was not justification for this kid’s “shock the world” declaration here and now.

As for “Let them feel good and enjoy the moment …”; okay, I get that, but “I’m going to shock the world” is still a bit egotistical and certainly indicative of an “It’s all about me” mentality that turns many off. And I certainly won’t deny that I am one of that mindset and mentality.

Shall we agree to disagree? And also agree that our opinions and differing points of view doesn’t make either of us right, wrong or otherwise?

And oh yeah, if shocking the world is this guy - who I heard of for the first time in this post, as I just don’t follow high schoolers, crystal balls, or the recruiting talking heads, yada yada yada - but if he chooses Clemson, then I’ll pull for him just like EVERY OTHER young student or athlete who chose the same school as I did. As crazy as THAT may seem to many.

GO TIGERS!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

ATTN:1st Graders, your new word for the day is:

Jan 20, 2022, 5:39 PM [ in reply to Re: TJ Dudley ]

CONTEXT

Funny that they think they are that important.***

Jan 20, 2022, 2:49 PM [ in reply to Re: TJ Dudley ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 20, 2022, 2:17 PM

Last I checked he doesn’t have an offer from Jackson State…

Jan 20, 2022, 2:41 PM

Maybe the HS player subject of this e-mail string means that he's going to "shock the world" as an academic achiever at the college of his choice.

I don't really think you go to Jackson State to shock the

Jan 20, 2022, 3:20 PM

world. If you go to Jackson State, you likely won't be on a national TV game your entire college career. Deion will continue to get publicity, but the players aren't going to be making a name for themselves, and no one is ever going to be all that impressed with a FCS National Title.

North Dakota State has been completely dominant with 9 FCS titles in the last 11 years. No one can name a single player from their teams apart from the 2 top-5 QBs they've produced.

Jan 20, 2022, 3:21 PM

Deon needs more dogs just to hang with South Carolina St

Jan 20, 2022, 4:27 PM

Can someone do a GIF of a Taliban member looking shocked?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm pretty sure he's going to Oregon***

Jan 20, 2022, 5:05 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic