Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tigers win!! What if I told you
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 735

Tigers win!! What if I told you

Sep 19, 2021, 8:53 AM

that Clemson had allowed 0 TD’s on defense through 3 games and were 2-1. And 1 win was by only 6 points.

This defense is special. I’m not sure we’ve had all 3 levels on defense as strong as this, but those Power Rangers were definitely one of the D lines in college football history. The offense however, well let’s say they simply are not good. The O line & QB are not in tune with each other. DJ completed 18 passes for 126 yards, 7 yards per completion. Hard to believe GT was good enough to shut down the Tiger offense, but they did just that.

Any thoughts out there that this team can get things straight and become dominate again ??? If so, where and how does anything change. 3 games into season, be nice for our team to figure this out and correct the issues unless the personnel or coaches just cannot get it done in 2021.

Go Tigers ????

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The lack of replies affirms my thoughts, just gotta ride out the storm

Sep 19, 2021, 10:23 AM

And hope the skies open up for the Oline and DJ

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think with the schedule the 2-1 would not be a surprise

Sep 19, 2021, 10:34 AM

to anyone. The how is the problem. After three games though, it's clear that our offense had real issues. Look at what other offenses have done against the bees and the humpers. It's on Clemson. The Clemson offenses since the last two drives of the tire bowl (2010) have been pretty dern consistently good (and great for certain periods). That's with Boyd, Watson, Bryant, and Lawrence (I'll ignore the Stoudt experiment at start of 2014). The defense this year has been better than we hoped for, or maybe what we thought COULD happen. The pain of this year is the continued inability to run and the backwards move of the passing game. So Clemson is not in an unexpected position record-wise, but the offense is so painful to watch and just makes you feel a bad loss is on the way.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 735
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic