Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tigers pitching coach Jimmy Belanger
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Tigers pitching coach Jimmy Belanger

Apr 1, 2023, 5:08 PM

I don’t have any reason to believe that he is not going to get things back on track for the Tigers, but at what point does the staff start showing signs of improvement? All of the WPs and BBs have not really decreased over the past month. Coach B has a very solid reputation from FSU, so should we say that the talent level is subpar? I hope that next years class is better prepared compared to what has been happening this year.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tigers pitching coach Jimmy Belanger

Apr 1, 2023, 5:14 PM

or maybe we could get 4 or 5 guys healthy that we needed and have not ben able to compete very little if any. just a guess though.

Apr 1, 2023, 5:15 PM

What impact guys are hurt? I keep hearing Ammons but what has he shown?

Apr 1, 2023, 5:26 PM

Ammons, Barlow, Talent. That's the 3 coach mentioned. Barlow is pretty highly rated. But the walks and errors cost us. Grice looks good. Better than we have had.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 2, 2023, 8:15 AM

User Logo
Clemgalalways®
All-In [26523]
TigerPulse: 100%
Re: Tigers pitching coach Jimmy Belanger 2
Apr 1, 2023, 5:26 PM

Ammons, Barlow, Talent. That's the 3 coach mentioned. Barlow is pretty highly rated. But the walks and errors cost us. Grice looks good. Better than we have had.

Weiss just got back. He came here as the closer but has had back trouble, Clayton missed a couple weeks with arm soreness. Ammons made it 2 weeks. We need him badly. Tallent hurt his non throwing shoulder diving for a ball. Tristan will be a pure stud but he is struggling. He will figure it out. Barlow has not pitched all year. Another one we need to contribute badly. Supposedly he is close. A couple of guys have not lived up to their billing. Who knows when it will click for them. Shall i continue. With all of that we just lost 2 one run games to the number 2 team in the country that is a very good team. They gave up 2 runs to miami in 3 games. It is a long year. We have played half of it. I would not throw in the towel just yet. We have played the 3rd toughest schedule in the country. We have a good team that will only get better as we get all our players healthy. He!! even corbitt has been out all year with an ankle.

Apr 1, 2023, 5:14 PM

Or giving up bombs or base hits on 0-2 counts, HBP with 2 strikes on batters…I know at some point you have to execute on the field but seems like we have an undisciplined team AGAIN. Its D1 baseball, you don’t see these mistakes at the top programs, definitely don’t see it every game like Clemson shows

Apr 1, 2023, 5:39 PM

I see improvement in Grice and Clayton so I think there is hope. The Wake game was lost today by not being able hit in the clutch especially Blackwell and Wright when we needed it. I feel almost bad for Ingle. Some great defense the last two days. He could have won both games. Even he had a couple double plays today which is not like him.

Apr 1, 2023, 6:21 PM

He has to deal with what he's got which appears to be not much.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

and grace lost a HR to the wind***

Apr 1, 2023, 6:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Tigers pitching coach Jimmy Belanger ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When they havent faced the 3rd hardest SOS in the country

Apr 1, 2023, 6:44 PM

How are we a school that has tolerated 13 years of pure sh*t basketball and would even think to call out Bakich or his staff at all this point?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: When they havent faced the 3rd hardest SOS in the country

Apr 2, 2023, 8:34 AM

viztiz® said:

How are we a school that has tolerated 13 years of pure sh*t basketball and would even think to call out Bakich or his staff at all this point?

Yea I have mentioned this before but the expectations are not the same for all our sports programs and that is a shame. If we had a Brownell type coach in our dugout then he would have been gone years ago.
To gauge this staff in half the season is not very fair. Most of this roster are not his players. One would think it would take 2-3 years to actually see what we have. The guys are playing their butts off and the effort can easily be seen. I love what I see in that regard in comparing this team to last years. Our swing for the fences or bust mentality seems to be a lot better as well. We are giving ourselves chances and that says a lot.

MEG

Apr 2, 2023, 8:27 AM

Watching this team is a bit frustrating because I feel we are often beating ourselves. Not taking anything away from our opponents as we have faced some very good teams but untimely errors, 1 bad pitch seems to be the norm. It’s like clockwork if we get a few runs we will give them right back the very next inning. I was down on Grice but the guy shows a lot of fire and competitiveness and has shown a lot improvement since the season started. Get a few pitchers who can come in and stop the bleeding could go a long way in changing the way this season has gone so far.
I do not believe we are an easy out for some of these better teams we have played like I thought we were last year. They are fun to watch but frustrating at the same time. We had great chances of winning 2 of 3 against Wake and they seem to be very solid.

MEG

Apr 2, 2023, 2:12 PM

He really does have his work cut out for him to produce a working staff from this broad range of pitchers....

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic