Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tiger Beach project update and need your help!!!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

Tiger Beach project update and need your help!!!

Feb 5, 2023, 12:18 PM

We are almost finished with the first floor and moving on to the second. We are trying to decide whether to stick with the original plan and put four rooms and a small bar / restaurant or make the whole thing s restaurant.

Pros with restaurant only:

Cheaper to build
Saves the amazing views
Can have live music (too much noise if rooms are up there)
Faster to build (issues with construction permits)

Cons with restaurant only

Only 3 rooms (all on bottom floor) instead of 7

What do you think?

https://youtu.be/LjTbcPAEGDA

Message was edited by: PACIFIC BEACH TIGER®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What's the competition in the area?

Feb 5, 2023, 12:33 PM

Rooms vs bar/restaurant? Keeping bar/restaurant(s) should have more constant cost outlay vs just rooms?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What's the competition in the area?

Feb 5, 2023, 12:57 PM

Thank you, and excuse the ignorance...

but what is constant cost outlay?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Food and beverage cost in addition to labor and supplies***

Feb 5, 2023, 6:25 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tiger Beach project update and need your help!!!

Feb 5, 2023, 2:37 PM

Biggest thing in my opinion is don’t lose the view. I think I would be leaning toward no rooms on the floor with the bar/restaurant. Make the side with the view open air and have windows in the wall between the inside part of the restaurant and the open air part so the view can still be seen from the indoor portion. I would also think a larger restaurant would be better because you will have restaurant patrons that are not renters at your B&B. Question - do the rental rooms downstairs have the same view? If so, you can still advertise the rooms with a view. Do you feel comfortable that you can keep the additional rooms rented frequently enough to make more on them than you would make from a larger restaurant?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks Rhett...

Feb 5, 2023, 7:12 PM

that's the million-dollar question, could the four extra rooms on the second floor generate more income than the tables at a restaurant in their place?

There is one thing I forgot to include, and there is a third floor that would be strictly for a balcony.

Re: Thanks Rhett...

Feb 5, 2023, 7:17 PM

Well have you done any kind of inquiries into what you could possibly get for your rooms and if there was a potential for them to stay booked?

Are there any other places similar to what you are doing. If so what does their business model look like?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MEG

Re: Tiger Beach project update and need your help!!!

Feb 5, 2023, 7:05 PM

May just want to go with the restaurant unless you plan on sound proofing your rooms. Not sure many would want to hear a whole lot going on if they are ready to go to bed. At least that’s the way it is for me.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MEG

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic