Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This year will get UGLY
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

This year will get UGLY

Sep 25, 2021, 11:07 PM

If you people really think these kids who have never played a season where the goal was making a bowl game are going to lay it all out to win a meaningless bowl game, you're dead wrong.

BC kills us next week,

We will be 2-3 needing 5 wins (SC State is a FCS win) to make a bowl game... these 5* kids won't care

Grady Jarrett *2
Ben Boulware *3
Vic Beasley *3
Hunter Renfrow Walk on.

All these guys had character and defined our program, we sold out to kids worried about NIL, NFL, and stats, not Clemson.

We sold out to the 5* athlete philosophy and got burnt.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We have high character highly rated kids

Sep 25, 2021, 11:10 PM

Bresee out there sacrificing his body. XT working his tail off to get back into form.

That’s a cheap shot at our players. Our offense scheme is garbage. Our defensive scheme is excellent. It’s pretty simple to see we have a coaching problem.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You got it

Sep 25, 2021, 11:19 PM

Re: You got it

Sep 26, 2021, 1:22 AM

Our D is not that good; they can't get off of the field. GaT rolled up 300 yards in quarters 2, 3 and 4.
NCSU ran 96 plays today, while running the clock down for most of the 4th quarter.

Venables is being out-coached this year. All of these coaches have studied the last OSU game and the quick throws and quick-hitter running plays are killing our blitz-happy D.

Sep 26, 2021, 1:31 AM

Sep 26, 2021, 1:57 AM [ in reply to Re: You got it ]

You are correct to a point. But this defense has done plenty to be 4-0 at this point in the season.

Does not matter when you get a 3 and out (which did we get maybe 1 today?) and the offense then goes 3 and out.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 26, 2021, 2:50 AM [ in reply to Re: You got it ]

Our D is not that good; they can't get off of the field. GaT rolled up 300 yards in quarters 2, 3 and 4.
NCSU ran 96 plays today, while running the clock down for most of the 4th quarter.

Venables is being out-coached this year. All of these coaches have studied the last OSU game and the quick throws and quick-hitter running plays are killing our blitz-happy D.

They played 40+ minutes today, lost its top 3 players and had only given one Td im 15qtrs of football. You put a team on the field that lost top 4 players for the whole game, they won't win the game. And today, rhe refs called no less than 3 BS calls that kept our D on the field, and with all that we still almost won.

This is 100% on offense. If they held the ball for another 10min minimum, then we win and Def doesn't get railesll

Re: We have high character highly rated kids

Sep 26, 2021, 1:16 AM [ in reply to We have high character highly rated kids ]

When did I say that these kids are not trying?

Every sophomore, junior, and senior on this team has played in the college football playoff EVERY YEAR since coming here... now with this terrible SOS, we have zero chance of that game 5

We have a Boston College team coming to Clemson 4-0 with a chance to eliminate Clemson from any realistic contention for an ACC title...

This BC team put up 41 on Missouri, NC state only scored 10 on Mississippi state, we will get obliterated.

If I'm wrong for saying a bunch of 18-21 year old kids who spent their college careers playing for titles or bring told during high school how great they are won't be excited to have to go 5-3 to go to the toilet bowl, then maybe I'm insane.

go play in traffic coot mr 70%

Sep 25, 2021, 11:12 PM

COOOOT

null

Re: go play in traffic coot mr 70%

Sep 26, 2021, 1:08 AM

Facts are facts, T&M has top 10 recruiting classes annually and struggles to win 10 games.

Re: This year will get UGLY

Sep 25, 2021, 11:13 PM

Long-term, maybe that’s not a bad thing. This program may need another “70-33” to make necessary changes and right the ship.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 26, 2021, 1:12 AM

Uhh maybe you should go look at the talent that surrounded the players you mentioned on those teams lol come on man , ain’t nobody sold out that’s ridiculous… is Dabo stubborn about the portal yes … do we need a complete revamp offensively, yes… does r Caldwell need to hang it up and get some fresh blood to get after this OL group , absolutely … dj hasn’t developed near what we expected it’s basically his freshman year after the weird year and no spring ball last year … he may just not be what we thought he was but I do think Dabo is smarter than you give him credit For and knows things are gonna have to change this off season … fully expect they will and we will be right back in the hunt next year

Sep 26, 2021, 2:39 AM

While the year may get ugly, I think your take and explanation is horrible. Dabo and crew only recruit top notch players based on abilities but moreso on their overall personality. To say that our respective attitudes have diminished due to chasing stars, I think you are surely missing something. I feel 100% confident that we have one of the most standup groups in the nation. I sometimes wondered if that didn't actually hurt us just a little because we don't have that little bit of attitude that gets guys fired up??

Seems like every great team has a little bad attitude on them. Has some engrained nastiness that is just part of their mentality. Our offensive line always seems to be missing that. Boulware had that attitude. The Power Rangers while the played for eachother they also showed some bold expressions of attitude. Skalski plays with emotion as does Booth and Bresee but I see almost zero fire on offense!

We need to wake this offense up immediately!

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic