Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This would be a good time for all Clemson Football
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 858

This would be a good time for all Clemson Football

Dec 9, 2022, 1:35 PM

fans to take a deep breath concerning expectations of Cade Klubnik including myself.
Too much pressure was put on DJ to be the next legendary qb at Clemson. Let’s not do the same thing to Cade.
I loved what I saw vs UNC but, give him time to develop into the player he can be. Support him without the constant critiquing of his every play of every game.
I believe given the chance he can be a great QB.

Just a simple old man’s thoughts.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I also hope some folks here would take a deep breath

Dec 9, 2022, 1:37 PM

and hold until next November.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Re: This would be a good time for all Clemson Football

Dec 9, 2022, 2:07 PM

Agree on your first point about putting the cart before the horse with regards to the pressure and expectations for CK2. Perhaps DJU allowed the pressure to get to him. I wouldn't want that same thing to transpire with CK2, but it doesn't appear that he will let it. Additionally, pressure is as perceived. DW4 and TL16 had pressure too, but neither IMO let it get to them.

However, Klubnik has had nearly a full year with our staff to develop. He enrolled in January, was a big part of the Spring Game, and according to the coaches sounds like he was "ready to takeover" in the Notre Dame game. The unfortunate side of things happened in South Bend. I'm thoroughly perplexed why CK2 didn't get any more chances outside of mop-up time against L'ville/Miami, and none against SCar.

That said, CDS believes he's ready, just as he believed DW4 and TL16 were ready to take over. Once they did, we looked like an elite team. Guess here is that's exactly what our coaching staff believes and there's no reason fans shouldn't be excited. He can develop more, surely, but it's reasonable to expect similar performances to what we saw in the ACCCG.

I'll also add, CDS and staff had to know this would be coming one way or another - either DJU was going to have a great year and would likely head on to the NFL Draft, or he'd have the slightly above average year with CK2 pushing him to take over at some point. To me that means he would have had plenty of backup time if DJU had played well and we blew out opponents, or we'd be right where we are now and staff needed to have him ready. Either way, next year was going to be his year so having him "ready" by the end of this season to have the confidence to lead the team into next season should've been the plan all along.

OK, now I'll take a deep breath...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just a minute, you are expecting

Dec 9, 2022, 3:18 PM

people on Tigernet to be reasonable, rational human beings, and not caught up in the "look at me see how much I know about football."

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Expectations???

Dec 9, 2022, 3:23 PM

CK2 has never lost a football game that he started . . . He expects to continue that streak . . . Who am I to disagree?!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 858
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic