Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This was the first year I had seen Dabo visibly chew out Venables during a game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

This was the first year I had seen Dabo visibly chew out Venables during a game

Dec 5, 2021, 10:46 PM

Not that it is neither here nor there...just pondering.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

OU is a TOP 10 team that lost their HC to SoCal

Dec 5, 2021, 10:47 PM

Not many situations like that occur

Re: This was the first year I had seen Dabo visibly chew out Venables during a game

Dec 5, 2021, 10:49 PM

Venables stopped needing a get-back coach this year. You could tell his zeal was waning.

Re: This was the first year I had seen Dabo visibly chew out Venables during a game

Dec 5, 2021, 10:50 PM

I have noticed this for at least a few years now, it's definitely NOT something that started this year lol.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly.***

Dec 5, 2021, 11:44 PM

I was thinking about this earlier today as well.

Dec 5, 2021, 10:50 PM

I don’t think it was any factor whatsoever in Brent taking the Oklahoma job, but I can’t help but wonder how Brent felt in that moment.

I’m sure there was more to that exchange, including background info we aren’t privy to, but as they say, it was “bad optics” at the time.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Dec 5, 2021, 10:59 PM

It has happened since he arrived. Dabo chews on Brent for defense and Brent chews the rest of the defensive coaches. Dabo chews the offensive coaches directly.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 5, 2021, 11:06 PM

What game?

When?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 5, 2021, 11:36 PM

I'd like to think top notch coaches are thick-skinned enough to handle being chewed out in an emotional game. Ironic though that Dabo picked a year where BV single-handedly kept this team from being 5-7 or 6-6 to be mad at BV or anything the defense may have been doing wrong at the time

Dec 5, 2021, 11:41 PM

Anyone who lets Jake the Snake Bentley throw for 500 yards on your D should have been chewed on a little or our last 2 trips to the playoffs almost 100 pts and 10000 yards

Dec 5, 2021, 11:41 PM

Pretty sure it was after we had jumped offsides or lines up that way a few times in the same game…NC State/GT/BC maybe…or maybe when Tyler had a late hit out of bounds etc in one of those games…I remember seeing it also…if I remember correctly it looked as if he told BV to get (whoever did it) out if there…

Dec 5, 2021, 11:48 PM

I have seen him do it before.

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic