Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This question is more about coaches mindset
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

This question is more about coaches mindset

Dec 4, 2022, 12:22 PM

More than it is bashing a player. Let me start off by saying that I have made exactly $0 as a football coach on want level and I’m just looking for an answer other than “loyalty”. What did the coaches see when comparing DJ/ Klubnik in practice that told them DJ should start? I mean you can clearly see even the defense steps up, the plays are smoother and he is definitely faster. Did they not see this in practice at all?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This question is more about coaches mindset

Dec 4, 2022, 12:41 PM

Streeter does call better and more dynamic plays with Klubnik playing. Makes Streeter marginally better, but he's still a middling OC that is under-qualified to be at Clemson.

Maybe DJ is a practice baller but gets the yips in

Dec 4, 2022, 12:53 PM

intimidating situations. Can’t say without being at practice.

I played with a kid that was a incompletion/turnover machine in practice but a gameday freak. Our QB1 was conservative but could sling it and didn’t put the ball in jeopardy. He gets dinged up, new kid comes in takes a beating his first series but then commences to slingin’ it around the yard. He’s changing the OCs plays at the line, told the OL to widen their splits, changed his WRs hot routes…this 15 yr old kid had a massive FB IQ. Dang near got in a fist fight with the OC on the sideline.

We’d go good on good, 2s on 2s during practice and he’d have to rep these basic plays that the D would tee off on. He looked like crap. After he got his chance, kid started every game. Practices started to suck because he and the OC finally got on the same page and they tore us up in our little good/good scrimmages.

Dec 4, 2022, 12:57 PM

As noted above it could be a practice vs. game thing.

It also could be that DJ does everything else (not saying Cade doesn't necessarily) they ask him to. Good student. Leads the team. Practices well. Give full effort.
These things put money in the bank, so to say, and Dabo is just waiting for the light to go on in games.

What mystifies me, perhaps moreso than the switch timing, was why the playcalling looked completely different. We ran plays we NEVER would have tried with DJ. Now is that because they were afraid he couldn't handle it or that he would make a mistake and go off the rails mentally or something else? I don't know, but we look like a completely different offense (execution AND playcalling) when Cade comes in. Heck, even the DEFENSE seems to have more pep!

Dec 4, 2022, 3:54 PM

Agreed! The timing was very, very, very odd! I mean TNET called for the change when it should have actually occurred.

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic