Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This may not be popular opinion, but I am of the mind that
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

This may not be popular opinion, but I am of the mind that

Jul 7, 2022, 11:59 AM

one of the ways that ESPN screwed the ACC was with...The ACC Network. They took forever to launch it in the first place, and then when they did, they took up the whole morning slot showing two guys broadcasting from their basement. Now, I don't care how much anybody might like Mark Packer, that setup is complete amateur hour compared to the effort they put forth for the SEC Network. And, on the actual sports side, showing lacrosse and other huge sports like that, instead of football, baseball, or even basketball, is another viewership killing tactic.

Let's face it, ESPN with the ACC Network just treated the ACC like a red haired stepchild one more time. It was never about growing the conference "brand", like they so obviously did with their constant plugging of the SEC. If anything, it seems more like a purposeful TORPEDOING of the ACC brand.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

76er Johnson is right!***

Jul 7, 2022, 12:03 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Gross Negligence

Jul 7, 2022, 12:07 PM

Can it be successfully argued in a court of law? And since ESPN has the money and bully pulpit to establish Clemson in the SEC, negotiators will have to be top rank.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This may not be popular opinion, but I am of the mind that

Jul 7, 2022, 12:12 PM

I absolutely agree, total amateur hour. You’re telling me with all the resources, “The world wide leader in sports”, this is the best they could come up with? What a joke! Hoping for the best when it comes too Clemson obviously, but it’s like what big move could the ACC make? Hard too even think of one blockbuster game changer.

Jul 7, 2022, 12:12 PM

I agree and the presentation is terrible. Another thing is their is no parity in the ACC. In football it is always Clemson and whatever weak team the Coastal settles as their winner. We were known as much as I hate to admit it, a basketball conference. Now we are maybe the 3rd best in basketball. Our university teams have gotten a little worse as a whole and that contributed to the ACC sliding down to mediocre.

Exception to the rule is the SEC. They have the full backing and constant pumping of ESPN. The SEC east is garbage almost every year. Georgia has finally emerged after a decade of any team having a heartbeat in the SEC east.

Bottom line, we should have been the aggressors a few years ago. We could have cherry picked who we wanted and built a super conference.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who put the "L" in BrowneLL

Jul 7, 2022, 12:14 PM

I absolutely believe that that, with the way ESECPN handled the ACC, it was orchestrated to keep the ACC way beneath their baby, the SEC!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I always noticed one wierd thing between

Jul 7, 2022, 12:17 PM

the SEC and ACC Networks. On the SEC Network they NEVER show a replay of an OOC game in which the SEC team losses. On the ACC Network, it happens constantly. I remember that Texas A&M win over UNC in the Orange Bowl being on the ACC Network in virtual loop for a time after the game. Always found it interesting, but certainly not shocked, how this was portrayed between the two networks.

No conspiracy theory here imho..

Jul 7, 2022, 12:24 PM

and the proof in court would be to simply run their past SEC programs & big hype-ups concerning conference sports VS those of the ACC during same time frame.

And pit film or audio of Packer (Clemson grad dude) & his side-kick buddy versus all those big name SEC homers we see week after week..plus Gameday build-ups and advertisements.

Case CLOSED!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ACC Network Programming

Jul 7, 2022, 12:33 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnUGAe0yqz4

Jul 7, 2022, 12:27 PM

You make a valid point but you also have to look at the schools in the ACC. Probably around half of them don't care about Football. The viewership is nothing compared to the SEC. The problem began when they brought in BC, Cuse.. These schools don't bring viewers.
Add them to middle of the road fan bases like Pitt, Miami, WF and Duke you have a problem. Nothing against these schools but in today's CFB it's about viewership.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 7, 2022, 12:41 PM

This 100%

Jul 7, 2022, 12:33 PM

1000% correct! Great post-

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 7, 2022, 12:45 PM

ESPN wants all their projects to be successful I'm sure. I'm also sure that Clemson should have asked to join the SEC when they expanded the first time. This is the group of idiots(ACC) Clemson's leadership chose to partner with instead so here we are.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic