»
Topic: This isn’t criticism of Tate
Replies: 3   Last Post: Sep 21, 2021, 11:05 PM by: Clemgalalways®
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your CatCoins™ to grant this post a special award and grant the author bonus CatCoins™!

YOUR BALANCE
monetization_on
[ Tiger Boards - Clemson Football ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 3  

This isn’t criticism of Tate

[2]
Sep 21, 2021, 6:39 PM

but I keep hearing “well, he’s a freshman and it’s hard for freshmen to start on OL without growing pains.”

We shouldn’t even be in this position. We have OL that have been in the program for 4 and 5 years and they still couldn’t win the starting job. That’s either poor development or misses in recruiting.

flag link

Re: This isn’t criticism of Tate

[1]
Sep 21, 2021, 6:44 PM

It’s often been said for decades that Oline is the hardest position to recruit. In fact there are some years that there are no 5stars out of high school. I remember the early Dabo years them having to recruit 2 and 3 star guys and develop them.

2021 white level member flag link

The key word there is DEVELOP them. Mitch Hyatt came in

[2]
Sep 21, 2021, 6:54 PM

with enough talent to start as a freshman. But, after starting for four years, he got essentially no attention from the NFL. And those of ours who HAVE made the league in recent history have all had totally underwhelming careers to date. Probably the biggest success is Tyler Shatley, who didn't even make a huge impact when he was here. So, somebody coached him up AFTER he got to the NFL.

We pretty much track Bama for success at all positions EXCEPT O-Line. And I refuse to believe that the ones they sign are the only good ones from anywhere close around here. So, in a kind of circular logic way, I have worked myself around to saying that we need changes at the O-Line coaching positions.

2021 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link

Re: This isn’t criticism of Tate

[1]
Sep 21, 2021, 11:05 PM

Mays was the #2 OT rated... He's a sophomore. I remember Dabo and staff raved about him. What happened? Does he not know more about our playbook than a true freshman having to be told the signals?

2021 white level member flag link

Replies: 3  
[ Tiger Boards - Clemson Football ]
Start New Topic
919 people have read this post