Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This is our VETERAN, 13 year basketball coach talking....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

This is our VETERAN, 13 year basketball coach talking....

Feb 1, 2023, 10:04 AM

"We just didn't play very well and didn't coach well. You know, I didn't see it coming," Tigers head coach Brad Brownell said. "We got off to a good start. It wasn't that we weren't ready to play...They increased the pressure a little bit and we kinda panicked. We really did. That was maybe me too..."

That is a freaking quote.

"Didn't coach well"
"I didn't see it coming"
"We kinda panicked"
"We really did"
"Maybe [I kinda panicked] too"

ARE YOU FREAKING SERIOUS? It's like amateur hour at the Apollo. We are paying him $2 Million plus a year for THIS?!?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

question...

Feb 1, 2023, 10:06 AM

what is he supposed to say?

you want him to call out players in the media?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

also...

Feb 1, 2023, 10:09 AM

this is your 7th post since the game ended last night.

we get it. we are all frustrated with the loss. but, we are fans, we have no control over the game or the outcome. move on, it'll be better for your health! saturday will be here before you know it

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: also...

Feb 1, 2023, 10:16 AM

There is always some of ours willing to accept a terrible loss like it was OK this time around. A terrible loss should never be OK, and out fan base should be livid. This is a HC that has had year after year to build a better than average team, especially making the salary that he makes!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Easleytigr...You seem like a great guy but...

Feb 1, 2023, 10:20 AM

We can't just sit back and accept this anymore. It's been 13 years of mediocrity. I'm sure you wouldn't be happy if you were still doing the same thing you were 13 years ago. Making the same amount of money? Working the same hours?

I am pissed. Clemson deserves better than this.

Re: Easleytigr...You seem like a great guy but...

Feb 1, 2023, 10:31 AM

Seriously, you should take a breath.

We are off to the best start in Clemson's ACC basketball history. We lose a game we shouldn't have. Ok, tough one. Let's gain some motivation from it and move on. This is basketball - teams lose games, including Purdue, Gonzaga, Kansas, etc. It's not football where perfection is almost required for a title run. Remember, a Deshaun Watson-led National Champion did lose to Pitt late in the year at home.

It's been a great year. We are down a starter at a critical role, and that is hurting us. But the sky isn't falling.

Agreed. And if someone wants to complain its the inability

Feb 1, 2023, 11:14 AM

to schedule strategically is the incompetence in this program. In order to not always be behind the 8-ball with the indexes used for NCAA selection, which is the main issue this team will face, scheduling is a science. We have never been good at this, rarely play respected non-conference schedules as a hole, and once again it has the potential to bite this team in the ###. Other teams focus on this and it helps in given years.

We could finish second in the ACC and not make the tourney this year, which would fall directly in the coaching/administrations laps.

with that said...

Feb 1, 2023, 11:18 AM

scheduling is something done a year or 2 in advance.

when we scheduled them, Loyala Md, Loyala Chi, Iowa, Bellarmine, and Richmond were all respected opponents. nothing we can do (aside from winning) to help those games.

thank you...

Feb 1, 2023, 11:16 AM [ in reply to Re: Easleytigr...You seem like a great guy but... ]

bad losses happen. move on. its not healthy! i guarantee the players felt sorry for themselves for about 30 mins last night and are now looking forward to miami.

Re: This is our VETERAN, 13 year basketball coach talking....

Feb 1, 2023, 10:09 AM

That could end after season is over!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This is our VETERAN, 13 year basketball coach talking....

Feb 1, 2023, 10:18 AM

Everything he said is true.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ok

Feb 1, 2023, 11:36 AM

https://youtu.be/DPUDzEagDVk?t=544

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And yet none of us are surprised.***

Feb 1, 2023, 11:39 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic